Post by Umpire_1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:22 am

In Google Analytics, when setting up a goal conversion you're prompted to input steps in the checkout process to monitor abandonment. For example, like this:

But /cart, /checkout and /success aren't the only steps in the process. There's also the creating an account/guest checkout step, payment address, shipping address, etc all on the /checkout page. But these steps don't have unique URLs, so is there any way to track them?

I've had a good look on the forum and on Google Support but haven't found anything so far, and there's nothing dedicated to this on the marketplace (that I can see anyway). Does anyone know how this might be achieved?

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:19 pm

Umpire_1 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:22 am
There's also the creating an account/guest checkout step, payment address, shipping address, etc all on the /checkout page. But these steps don't have unique URLs, so is there any way to track them?
You would need to generate a JavaScript event in Google to be run when the user clicks in to each of those sections. It's probably something for a developer to do so you could try asking in the Commercial Support forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Ecorf » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Hey! This might not be an exact answer to your question, but have you tried nerdpilots.com/store? You can get a Google Analytics Set Up for under $30 and they’ll do it right. I found that I can get fast and easy solutions to all my web dev problems from nerdpilots.com. Hope it helps.