Post by n1k17o » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Hello everyone.

I have browsed tons of topics with a similar title like this. But none is actually what I'm looking for.
What I'm looking for is a way/module to set specific prices for specific registered users NOT user groups.

Usergroups work great.. But its not fully compatible with my clients.
I work mainly with dealers.. And the problem with the Customer Groups is that you can't assign multiple groups to one customer.

For example.. I have a client whos strength is in Raidmax chassis and power supplies.. So of course I'll give him the customer group with the best prices for that category.. But that customer group also contains special prices for lets say the Audio Speakers category.. Prices in a field in which hes not active.. And I don't want him to see those prices.

I hope you get what I mean.
If anyone knows a way I can accomplish this I will be really grateful..

Thank you in advance!
Best of luck!
Nick

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:14 pm

In the end, all collected orders in Opencart includes the customer group IDs which means the specific customer will still be associated with the customer group in anyhow.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by n1k17o » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Exactly.. Which is why I'm looking for an other solution besides user groups.. Or even if its user groups.. At least a way to assign multiple groups to one client.

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 pm

I fail to see how advantageous it would be to have multiple customer groups during customer registration or within an order. In order to provide an accurate solution, could you explain its benefits to use multiple customer groups for one customer?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by n1k17o » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:57 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 pm
I fail to see how advantageous it would be to have multiple customer groups during customer registration or within an order. In order to provide an accurate solution, could you explain its benefits to use multiple customer groups for one customer?
Yes.

I work mainly with other stores/companies.. And not that much with end-users.

The higher the orders the better the prices they get.

As the example I gave above.

Client X buys only PC peripherals (Keyboard, Mouse, Cases, Power Supplies) - So he gets assigned to a "PC User Group/20% lower prices"
After time that same client X starts buying CCTV cameras, DVRs, Cables etc.. - So I would have to assign him to another Usergroup "CCTV /20% Lower"

I hope this is easier to understand.

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by n1k17o » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Or.. Lets say a different Usergroup for different Brands
HP, Dell, Lenovo, Raidmax, etc..

Client X buys his Raidmax Products from me.. so Usergroup Raidmax with 20% lower prices

Then I send him an offer about HP Products.. He starts making big orders on HP as well.. And I want his user to start seeing special HP Prices while still being able to view the Raidmax special prices

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:02 pm

n1k17o wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:57 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 pm
I fail to see how advantageous it would be to have multiple customer groups during customer registration or within an order. In order to provide an accurate solution, could you explain its benefits to use multiple customer groups for one customer?
Yes.

I work mainly with other stores/companies.. And not that much with end-users.

The higher the orders the better the prices they get.

As the example I gave above.

Client X buys only PC peripherals (Keyboard, Mouse, Cases, Power Supplies) - So he gets assigned to a "PC User Group/20% lower prices"
After time that same client X starts buying CCTV cameras, DVRs, Cables etc.. - So I would have to assign him to another Usergroup "CCTV /20% Lower"

I hope this is easier to understand.
Which means, a separate order would still get created as it already does at this point since after some time or even on the same time period, each orders are being created individually for each transactions. Which means, one customer group would still apply for each orders.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by rgbrewer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:03 pm

I am doing exactly this for a client. It is a pretty involved project.

The long and the short of it is you need to create a database table that stores a price modifier for each customer. So customer #1 has a modifier of 50%, and therefore gets his products half off. Customer #2 we dont like, he has a modifier of 150% and the products become more expensive.

Then *everywhere* you display a price, you do the calculation, including when its added to an order, added to the cart, and everywhere in the admin side.

Its a big project, but I did it. My client has it broken down further where each category can be modified separately, so he can have a discount on DVD players but a premium on Laptops or whatever.

If you'd like to talk about me doing it for you, I'm willing, but I can't give you much of a timeframe, and it ain't gonna be a OC_MOD lol
Last edited by rgbrewer on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:07 pm

rgbrewer wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:03 pm
I am doing exactly this for a client. It is a pretty involved project.

The long and the short of it is you need to create a database table that stores a price modifier for each customer. So customer #1 has a modifier of 50%, and therefore gets his products half off. Customer #2 we dont like, he has a modifier of 150% and the products become more expensive.

Then *everywhere* you display a price, you do the calculation, including when its added to an order, added to the cart, and everywhere in the admin side.

Its a big project, but I did it. My client has it broken down further where each category can be modified separately, so he can have a discount on DVD players but a premium on Laptops or whatever.
This could be done with a simple order totals module but I fail to see the relevance of multiple customer groups on the topic's subject with this strategy of using rates.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by rgbrewer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:08 pm

Order Products module won't display different prices catalog side before an order is made. The long and short of it is you need a way for every customer to see different prices for each product (or each category/manufacturer/whatever)
Last edited by rgbrewer on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am

Post by n1k17o » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:08 pm

rgbrewer wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:03 pm
I am doing exactly this for a client. It is a pretty involved project.

The long and the short of it is you need to create a database table that stores a price modifier for each customer. So customer #1 has a modifier of 50%, and therefore gets his products half off. Customer #2 we dont like, he has a modifier of 150% and the products become more expensive.

Then *everywhere* you display a price, you do the calculation, including when its added to an order, added to the cart, and everywhere in the admin side.

Its a big project, but I did it. My client has it broken down further where each category can be modified separately, so he can have a discount on DVD players but a premium on Laptops or whatever.
Sounds like what I'm looking for.
For registered users only. They'r Account seeing special prices only on the product hes active on.
Do you mind sharing how you achieved this ?

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by rgbrewer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 pm

I wrote it into the code base :)

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am

Post by n1k17o » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:11 pm

@straightlight

It doesn't have to be UserGroups.. Its just the closest to what I need..

If you were a client of mine.. And your account sees prices 10% Off on Computers only..
But then you start buying Audio Speakers.. And you want your account to see 10% Off prices on Audio Speakers AND Computers..
Account specified.

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by n1k17o » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:12 pm

rgbrewer wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:10 pm
I wrote it into the code base :)
Sadly.. Coding skills is what I lack :)

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by rgbrewer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Hard to be in the internet e-commerce space without a good coder on your side. Send me an email at rgbrewer@gmail.com and we'll see what we can work out for you.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:17 pm

I work mainly with dealers.. And the problem with the Customer Groups is that you can't assign multiple groups to one customer.
It doesn't have to be UserGroups.. Its just the closest to what I need..
As mentioned on my previous reply, it could be done with one customer group for each order as it is already doing but you'd simply need an order totals module to accomplish this so whenever an order gets completed from the admin or automatically via an API, the customer would switch customer group. It is not as complexed as it looks actually.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by n1k17o » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:46 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:17 pm
I work mainly with dealers.. And the problem with the Customer Groups is that you can't assign multiple groups to one customer.
It doesn't have to be UserGroups.. Its just the closest to what I need..
As mentioned on my previous reply, it could be done with one customer group for each order as it is already doing but you'd simply need an order totals module to accomplish this so whenever an order gets completed from the admin or automatically via an API, the customer would switch customer group. It is not as complexed as it looks actually.
Will do some digging on this and hope I can get it to work.
Thank you !

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests