Post by porlapu » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:20 am

Hello. I installed opencart 2.3 and I wish I never did. It has been so difficult to make it work. Previous versions were so friendly...

Now I'm trying to install the most standard payment method that I can think: Bank transfer and the most standard delivery option: client pick up.
In previous versions there was a bank transfer and a pick up option that you can install in a minute, but on this new version it doesn't. Can't understand why, so what do I have to do to get those shipping and payment methods?

The Bank transfer option just sends the bank account info to the client's email, nothing else.

Thanks for your help
Last edited by porlapu on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by rgbrewer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:32 am

in your admin, go to extensions, select 'payments' from the dropdown list, and bank transfer will be there. Click install to install it, then click edit to edit it.

Post by porlapu » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:34 am

Thank you, I was expecting to be that easy but I go to extensions, payment and there is no bank transfer module.

Post by rgbrewer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:52 am

I cannot reproduce that. My local copy shows bank transfers as an option.

Post by rgbrewer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:54 am

Check these folders:

admin/controller/extension/payment ... do you have a bank_transfer.php file?
admin/view/extension/payment ... do you have a bank_transfer.tpl file?

If so, just an idea ... check your user permissions in admin panel, system, user groups and make sure you have permissions to edit?

Post by porlapu » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:06 am

Yes, those files are there. So strange.

Post by rgbrewer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:22 am

Gotta be permissions then. Pay attention to what group your user is in, then double check that group has permission for those modules.

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:49 pm

To put back extension menu items, you can use my OpenCart 2.3 Compatibility Fixes extension, which you can download from this page. Among other things, it adds missing Extensions menu items.

And yes, OC 2.3 is ugly, but most frustrating, that it's development was abandoned and you won't get even a bug fixing releases. If it's still possible, I'd recommend you to downgrade to 2.2.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member