Post by Rainforest » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:03 pm

I recently dropped cloudflare and am using my cloud WAF only. We are getting the kinks of the settings but I keep seeing this in my error log:

2017-03-05 8:30:55 - PHP Warning: SessionHandler::write(): open(/tmp/sess_90265767b4c4fe01ab2cadbda, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/system/library/session/native.php on line 21

Any idea what this session handler error is?

Self Taught Opencart User & Developer Since 2010.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:04 am

The session is the server's version of a "cookie". It stores information about the customer's browsing session on your site so that it can save certain details like their cart and any user-specific variables related to the customer during the shopping process. This data is saved to a randomly generated file on your server, usually in a folder that you never have to look at or worry about. But occasionally this folder can run out of space or have the wrong permissions due to a mistake that your host made. So to fix it, just contact your webhost and tell them the error and they will fix it. This isn't related to OpenCart or any platform, it is strictly a server storage error.

Administrator

Post by Rainforest » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Thank you, Q.
Always appreciate your help!

Self Taught Opencart User & Developer Since 2010.

Post by panagos » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Check your apache php.ini's session.save_path configuration setting. You need to make sure that the folder in question is writeable.

--
Soteri Panagou
Freelance Developer and Opencart Zealot

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... @gmail.com

Post by sicotommo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi Guys

Just come across this issue myself - not sure why it came up either. Using OC2.3.0.2 which was installed as an upgrade of 1.5 in mid December. It appears all the session files created were stored since around then. Should that happen? Should the sessions be removed after a time period?

Any info would be great as I want to get on top of this and make sure it doesn't re-occur.

Thanks for you help.

Regards
Simon