Post by igalsm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:42 am

Hi All,
I have SSL installed when i check it through test sites all ok but when i go to checkout page it is not secure.
If i type https manually all works but it doesn't take me automatically to https.

What to do?

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:26 am

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:03 am

What's your domain? Have you edited both config files and enabled SSL on the admin side under the server settings?

Image
https://www.evolvewebhost.com
$10.49 .com Registration and $9.99 .com Transfers in now
Guaranteed top level opencart performance and support. Risk free 30 day money back guarantee & free transfers.
Image


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm
Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by igalsm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:17 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:What's your domain? Have you edited both config files and enabled SSL on the admin side under the server settings?
The domain is cluejewelry.com
The ssl in admin is enabled.
this is my config:
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

// HTTPS
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTPS_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

Admin config:
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://cluejewelry.com/admin/');
define('HTTP_CATALOG', 'http://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

// HTTPS
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://cluejewelry.com/admin/');
define('HTTPS_CATALOG', 'https://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTPS_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

Thanks in advance for your help

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:26 am

Post by bzemla » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:21 am

Sorry to jump on this post but I too am having the same issue. In HTTP I don't have a problem adding products to the cart, but as soon as I go HTTPS Im getting errors. (Error Undefined). Tried to change my settings to "No SSL" to start over again, but when I choose this option and try to save, OC gives me an error asking for my key.

Nice site BTW igalsm. Cheers

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:34 am

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:36 am

igalsm wrote:
EvolveWebHosting wrote:What's your domain? Have you edited both config files and enabled SSL on the admin side under the server settings?
The domain is cluejewelry.com
The ssl in admin is enabled.
this is my config:
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

// HTTPS
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTPS_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

Admin config:
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://cluejewelry.com/admin/');
define('HTTP_CATALOG', 'http://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

// HTTPS
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://cluejewelry.com/admin/');
define('HTTPS_CATALOG', 'https://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTPS_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

Thanks in advance for your help
To start, you can get rid of this line in each config file. Image path should be included in the DIR section for both files. define('HTTPS_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

Do you have any checkout related modules? Which payment gateway are you using? It's a bit hard to figure it out without admin access and/or FTP access. If you want to send that information to sales@evolvewebhost.com we can take a closer look for you.

Image
https://www.evolvewebhost.com
$10.49 .com Registration and $9.99 .com Transfers in now
Guaranteed top level opencart performance and support. Risk free 30 day money back guarantee & free transfers.
Image


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm
Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:38 am

bzemla wrote:Sorry to jump on this post but I too am having the same issue. In HTTP I don't have a problem adding products to the cart, but as soon as I go HTTPS Im getting errors. (Error Undefined). Tried to change my settings to "No SSL" to start over again, but when I choose this option and try to save, OC gives me an error asking for my key.

Nice site BTW igalsm. Cheers
Is this v2.0.2.0? Make sure you have a 301 redirect in your .htaccess file to match your config file URLs. If you have http://yourdomain.com in your config files, add a 301 redirect to route www. traffic to non www or the reverse depending on how you setup your site.

It's not always possible but if you can upgrade to v2.3.0.2, I'd suggest doing so. It's a much more stable release.

Image
https://www.evolvewebhost.com
$10.49 .com Registration and $9.99 .com Transfers in now
Guaranteed top level opencart performance and support. Risk free 30 day money back guarantee & free transfers.
Image


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm
Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by igalsm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:57 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
bzemla wrote:Sorry to jump on this post but I too am having the same issue. In HTTP I don't have a problem adding products to the cart, but as soon as I go HTTPS Im getting errors. (Error Undefined). Tried to change my settings to "No SSL" to start over again, but when I choose this option and try to save, OC gives me an error asking for my key.

Nice site BTW igalsm. Cheers
Is this v2.0.2.0? Make sure you have a 301 redirect in your .htaccess file to match your config file URLs. If you have http://yourdomain.com in your config files, add a 301 redirect to route www. traffic to non www or the reverse depending on how you setup your site.

It's not always possible but if you can upgrade to v2.3.0.2, I'd suggest doing so. It's a much more stable release.
I use 2.2.0.0, Think i found the problem, one extension is conflicts with ssl. will wit to his respond.
What do you mean by 301 redirect in htaccess? What should i add?

Thanks

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:26 am

Post by bzemla » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:28 am

Found this online since I am having the same issue.

That's actually how it is meant to work. Normal pages in OC aren't HTTPS enabled and will go to HTTP even if you were on HTTPS to begin with.

To get your whole site to use HTTPS globaly, open: /system/library/url.php

Find this Code:
$url = $this->url;

change code to:

$url = $this->ssl;



igalsm wrote:Hi All,
I have SSL installed when i check it through test sites all ok but when i go to checkout page it is not secure.
If i type https manually all works but it doesn't take me automatically to https.

What to do?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:34 am

Post by hood » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:19 am

sorry to jump in here as well but it seems to me that your config file is not correct
if you mic https and http you will get an error
this is what you posted

this is my config:
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

see here you are mixing https and http you need to choose one
so i would put this as

// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'http://cluejewelry.com/image/');

if you want the site to be only https for all pages do this
// HTTP
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

the same for your https
// HTTPS
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTPS_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');


again here in admin you are mixing
Admin config:
define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://cluejewelry.com/admin/');
define('HTTP_CATALOG', 'http://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');
make this
define('HTTP_IMAGE', 'http://cluejewelry.com/image/');

// HTTPS
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://cluejewelry.com/admin/');
define('HTTPS_CATALOG', 'https://cluejewelry.com/');
define('HTTPS_IMAGE', 'https://cluejewelry.com/image/');

Hope this helps

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:54 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests