Post by derek1962 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:52 am

Hi all, I have just installed the latest opencart version 2.3 it is a fresh install
I have tries to upload via the extension installer and everytime i get an internal server error, i have tried a couple of extensions and both the same, just wont upload just get the same internal server error message.
Any ideas anyone ??
Thank you

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:14 am

you better explain, in detail, what you tried to install, by the extension installer.
--
Was it a OcMod, or a VqMod, and did it contain some subdirectories, with Files in them ?
--
Did the Extension EXACTLY match your OC Version ?
--
And tell us also, if your shop worked in full, before you started to add Extensions.
--
PLUS, tell us, if you added all the vald credentials to the ADMIN / SYSTEM / FTP - Settings,
before using the Extension Installer in the first place.
--
Then, possibly, someone will have some ideas... ;)
Ernie

PS. And if you EVER receive an internal Server ERROR, then, check the Server ERROR-LOG,
what the reason was, to produce this Error, an internal 5xx Error by itself does NOT explain anything,
it just informs you, that the Server was unable to continue, for what reason ever, so, mostly unable to tell
you the reason, because it already stopped...

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:07 pm

There are some PHP server settings, sometimes in php.ini such as upload_max_filesize that might be causing this so it could be worth asking your web host to investigate.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by derek1962 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:55 am

Thank you for the advice, for some strange reason its now decided to upload files ok, not done or touched anything but now it uploaded the files that before kept giving an error.
Im sure i will be back with the same or another problem
Thanks
Derek

Post by celestiallamb » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:35 am

Hello,

I am also facing the same generic internal server error when uploading extensions. Likely due to PHP settings on GoDaddy (hatehatehate). Is there a directory I can upload this zip via FTP to avoid this issue? I don't see it in the docs.

Thanks so much!