Post by ecom-online » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:42 pm

Hello,

I have a shop online and working. Now i have the following problem:

All products from the one supplier are in pound. (8000 products)
The other one is in Euro. (50000 products)
For the first one all products are active and in the shop.

Buyers are mostly European (Euro buyers). So the currency update is important. Now is the moment there that i want to add the products from the second supplier also (in Euro).

Now is the question .....
Is there a way to set a currency for each supplier (manufacturer)

Regards,
Wim

Post by villagedefrance » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Not as far as I know.

If you think about it this way, having multiple currencies in your products (probably not impossible to achieve) could create mayhem in your Cart when you get to checkout! The checkout system works with a single currency and I can't think of a payment method able to split the order into different currencies.

... I think the best way would be to use attributes to specify the correct currency for each product, but keep the default one for checkout.

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by ecom-online » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:29 pm

i did see a few opstions but doubt if they work with 2.2

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... load_id=41

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... =41&page=2

Any idea ?

My product code for the two suppliers unique (start with s. for the second supplier)

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:37 pm

villagedefrance wrote:Not as far as I know.

If you think about it this way, having multiple currencies in your products (probably not impossible to achieve) could create mayhem in your Cart when you get to checkout! The checkout system works with a single currency and I can't think of a payment method able to split the order into different currencies.

... I think the best way would be to use attributes to specify the correct currency for each product, but keep the default one for checkout.
While the above is entirely correct, in addition to what I would like to indicate are the payment processing systems that only allows one currency setting to be sent to their end rather than multiple currencies per orders on anyhow.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com contractor officials representative

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ecom-online » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Is one of the extentions good to use ?

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 pm

ecom-online wrote:Is one of the extentions good to use ?
Regarding your specific enquiry, as per being said on the above, an extension would not overwrite the restricted fact from the payment processing that the customer would have to complete the checkout transaction with nor via the API. Currency settings would remain single in the exception from a payment processing that would allow multiple currencies.

So far, I haven't seen one that would allow this single setting as multiple sets of currencies. An alternative approach would be to filter currencies with manufacturer from the order report in the admin or as a separate report form which an extension could provide.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:59 pm

In addition to the above, as a final result in the customer's order, the manufacturer and the currency ID are already captured out of the box to know which currency setting has been used with the manufacturer. In order for this to work, the currency setting and the manufacturer setting would need to be restricted for each physical products that would imply shipping in order to restrict the associative zone of the customer which would also gather the restriction from the currency setting and the manufacturer setting from the admin - > extensions - > shipping. Although, I do not see any relative extension, so far, that would match your enquiry unfortunately.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ecom-online » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:19 pm

if i look in the tabels i cant find any indication that the manufacturer is linked to an currency_id

i see in oc_manufacturer:
manufacturer_id
name
sort_order

and then in de manufacturer_to_store
store_id
manufacturer_id

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:24 pm

ecom-online wrote:if i look in the tabels i cant find any indication that the manufacturer is linked to an currency_id

i see in oc_manufacturer:
manufacturer_id
name
sort_order

and then in de manufacturer_to_store
store_id
manufacturer_id
That is correct, which is what my previous post above also indicates in theory. :)

However, your enquiry could be done as a custom job by posting in the Commercial Support section of the forum if no extensions can be provided in order to match your needs.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON