Post by kurtisane » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi,

I´m going to advertise with affiliate and give my partners the option to earn some money ofc.
The issue that i now found out is I want to give my partners a general tracking link. So that it does not matter what the customer buys that came from my partner.

I just saw the option for the affiliate to look for a product and get the tracking code of that. Is there the option that my partner gets a tracking link that leads to my homepage ?

Regards

kurtisane

Post by ocmta » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:20 am

Just put the following code anywhere you want in tracking page template file catalog/view/theme/<your theme>/template/affiliate/tracking.tpl:

Code: Select all

<?php echo HTTPS_SERVER . '?tracking=' . $code; ?>
This will show the link to the home page with tracking code. Any order made by users who initially clicked that link will be tracked to the affiliate.

Actually, it does not matter which link with tracking code they use. Even when user initially clicks the link to one product, but ends up buying another product, it still will be tracked, and affiliate will still get commission.

Extensions for affiliates (openCart 1, 2, 3):
Advanced Multi Level Affiliate System
Customer and Affiliate Accounts Combined into one Account
Affiliate Tracking with Coupons
Discount for Referred Customers - Order Total
Type Tracking Code
Mass Pay
Affiliate Transactions for openCart 3
Affiliate Pack X - all modules with 40% discount

Post by Burt65 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:54 am

kurtisane wrote:Hi,

I´m going to advertise with affiliate and give my partners the option to earn some money ofc.
The issue that i now found out is I want to give my partners a general tracking link. So that it does not matter what the customer buys that came from my partner.

I just saw the option for the affiliate to look for a product and get the tracking code of that. Is there the option that my partner gets a tracking link that leads to my homepage ?

Regards

kurtisane
This reading here may help you...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by kurtisane » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:15 pm

Thank you very much!
I´ll test it in a bit.

Post by EnTr3Preneur06 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:43 pm

This may be a dumb questions however I been playing with this for weeks and I really would like to get it right. I was hoping to have this ready two weeks ago. I posted the above code to catalog/view/theme/<your theme>/template/affiliate/tracking.tpl: I placed it right at the end of that page right before the footer script:

});
<?php echo HTTPS_SERVER . '?tracking=' . $code; ?>
//--></script> 
<?php echo $footer; ?> 
First I want to make sure that it was ok that I place that code there. But my main question is about the link

When I signed up as a affiliate and went to get the home page tracking link all I saw was the tracking code number. When I was using OC 1.5 I had an extension that actually generated a link that looked like this:
(http://domian.com/index.php?route=commo ... ode-number)
Should I have my affiliates use that same (/index/php?route=common/home&amp,tracking=)
or should they just use ( http://domian.com/tracking-code-number) or something completely different. Thank you in advance for any help that you can offer me.

Post by ocmta » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:15 pm

It's not OK to place this code inside <script> tags, it will not be visible. Template is basically a HTML file, so you should put the code exactly where you want it to appear on the page, assuming you have basic HTML knowledge.

The URL will look like:

http://domain.com/?tracking=tracking_code

Extensions for affiliates (openCart 1, 2, 3):
Advanced Multi Level Affiliate System
Customer and Affiliate Accounts Combined into one Account
Affiliate Tracking with Coupons
Discount for Referred Customers - Order Total
Type Tracking Code
Mass Pay
Affiliate Transactions for openCart 3
Affiliate Pack X - all modules with 40% discount

Post by EnTr3Preneur06 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:37 am

Thanks Ocmta, I don't have a lot of HTML knowledge however I knew I could not place the code there but I been running off no sleep trying to get this to work. I must of missed that but now everything is working great! Thanks again.

Post by ddac84 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:15 pm

I know this is an old post, but any idea how to do this on OC3?

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Solution provided here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=42837

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON