Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:02 am

Hello,

I have an interesting problem with Ornaments.com. (OC 2.1.0.2) If you do a search for an ornament such as 'soccer' it will come up with three pages of products. the links all work on the home page, but if you click the pagination link to go to page two, none of the products will open. If I click to go back to the first page, they no longer open.

This probably has something to do with some extension, but I have tried to disable ones by renaming the xml file and it did not solve the issue. I don't know how to do that with extensions that don't have vqmod xml files.

The links to the products in the paginated pages look like this: https://www.ornaments.com/soccer-orname ... cer&page=2
It seems like it loads the search result page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post by imdevlper18 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:31 pm

This is because at the end of product link, search link are getting added.
You need to check this in code and remove extra addition of url to product link.
This shall fix the issue,

Opencart Extensions | Professional opencart support | Support Ticket | support@cartbinder.com

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:37 am

Thank you for your reply. You wouldn't happen to know where in the code this would be located would you?

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:31 am

Is there anyone who know what file I need to adjust to fix this problem?

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:19 am

I can't reproduce your issue....

I went to your website, typed in socker into your search:
https://www.ornaments.com/index.php?rou ... rch=socker

It gives me a good page.

I click on a link: https://www.ornaments.com/cocker-spanie ... rch=socker

And it works...

Did you fix the issue?

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:08 am

Thank you for looking at the site. I believe that you are missing one step. After you do the search and see the first page of search results, scroll down to the bottom and click to go to page 2. It is here that the links to products don't work. (and any other page you go to in the pagination.)

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:23 am

i would assume it was the catalog/controller/product/search.php

can you check it against a clean file?

Expert Member

Post by labeshops » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:44 am

My guess is it is your template. Try switching to the default one and see if it still has the issue.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:24 am

I switched to the default theme and the issue is still there. :-[ I guess it may be an extension that is causing the problem.

I will try to check the search.php against a fresh file to see if there is a difference.

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:55 am

I am still having trouble with this issue. I have checked catalog/controller/product/search.php and compared it to the same file in our development setup that isn't having the problem and the files are identical. I have tried disabling vqmod extensions by going into the xml directory and renaming them temporarily one at a time. That did not have an effect. I don't know how to disable ocmod extensions without losing their settings.

Does anyone have any other places I could find an answer?

Thanks.

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:13 pm

First thing to do then is to delete everything in vqmod/vqcache folder, then got into admin of your store, extensions/modifications and click the refresh button
Then check to see if its working or not (it may have been down to an old mod thats still in cache)
If not then disable each vqmod,one at a time, making sure to hit the refresh button each time and try again.
If still no joy then do the same with the ocmods ( in extensions/modifiications

Just make sure to click the refresh button each time

Hope that helps

Expert Member

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:38 am

Thank you, that did help. I had to be very methodical about it. I had to turn off the caching extension entirely and refresh each time. It turned out to be the SmartSearch extension. I suspected it and tested it a couple times, but not it the correct way. Thanks again. ;D

Post by cyclops12 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Glad you got it sorted

Expert Member

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:28 am

It turned out all I had to do was upgrade to the latest version of SmartSearch and the problem was solved.

Post by cyclops12 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:45 am

you will have to remember that for when you upgrade oc ;D

Expert Member