Post by Mithrir » Thu May 12, 2016 11:32 pm

So, this has been a wild ride.

Started by exporting a whole store on 1.5.5 to 2.2.0, everything was smooth at least while not live.

Old store(1.5.5) did not have SSL, the new one(2.2.0) does so when i finally got the website into the live domain all hell broke loose with SSL not working and all kinds of stuff going on, but managed to fix everything and got SSL running.

The only problem remaining now is, when i activate on the admin the "SEO URL friendly" option, my products and categories do start using seo url's keywords but javascripts and css are gone.

I've been searching and searching and trying all kinds of stuff, but no luck yet in finding out the problem.
I've seen that all sorts of problems with SEO and SSL on 2.2.0 is going on, unfortunatelly did not research well before starting the project.

I'd like to ask if such a problem happened to anyone else, or if someone can shed some light on this problem.

Thank you in advance for any possible help.

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 12, 2016 11:56 pm

Be sure to change system/config/config.php to have site_ssl = true;

Administrator

Post by Mithrir » Fri May 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Qphoria wrote:Be sure to change system/config/config.php to have site_ssl = true;
Aldready done, still doesn't work.

www.pecasvending.pt is the website in question.

With SSL and SEO Url friendly on, he's trying to get the javascript/css with the old http link instead of https.

If i turn off the seo, he works perfectly.

Post by Mithrir » Fri May 13, 2016 6:03 pm

What i noticed is, if i go from the main menu and click on the categories and then a product, he breaks.

but for instance, if i use the search and go to a product by there, not only he shows the seo url but he also works.

Post by Mithrir » Mon May 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Ok, managed to fix CSS and Javascripts.

But thumbnails and logo can't seem to find the cache path for images.

If seo url's are off, they work normally.

Anyone got any idea?

I'm exhausted, can't seem to think of anything else, looked on every file, to see where OC calls cached images from but can't seem to find it.

www.pecasvending.pt, this is the website.
He only breaks when you go to a product/category from the main menu. Search and front page, work normally.

Post by garydee77 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi there - did you find this to be a theme related problem? i.e. with the Journal theme

Or did you find it was Opencart problems?

I've a similar site - and looking to move to SSL but uses same theme - hesitant due to problems you seemed to have had!

PS I've looked at site and all looks to be working fine :/
Did you make sure to fully clear the browser cache etc?

Post by Mithrir » Tue May 17, 2016 10:53 pm

As to the cause of my problems, i'm still uncertain of what has caused it.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is wrong, but everything points to being a Journal theme problem, but not 100% sure about it.

You probably did look at it when i had the SEO URL option off, that way it works fine, except that he has no seo url's activated that way.

I've seen a previous thread, and apparently from the description of the OP, it does look like the same problem i'm having

Has to do with google cache and SEO URL's option and base href.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=161&t=26255

Post by P_mudev » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:49 pm

Hello,
Any luck with this issue? I have the same problem with SEO and CSS and JS not loading correctly on sub-categories. Please, can someone help me out with this? Thank you.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:01 pm

P_mudev: There is no point in jumping on a five years old forum thread. If you want help, please provide details about your OpenCart (version,theme,extensions,website URL etc), and start a new forum thread.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by paulfeakins » Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:01 pm
P_mudev: There is no point in jumping on a five years old forum thread. If you want help, please provide details about your OpenCart (version,theme,extensions,website URL etc), and start a new forum thread.
Indeed. At least we know they searched the forum first though!

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom