Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:17 am

Hello, I just did an upgrade on the development install from 1.5.5.1 to 2.1 here: dev.ornaments.com. I used the extension ExcelPort to move all the data over and it went really well except for the images. I moved all of the images in to the image/catalog directory but when I look at the source on the product pages the img src=" " is empty. it isn't pointing anywhere.

How can I fix this so all the images show up?

Post by Randem » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:52 am

I did give you a link about upgrading in your other thread http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=160734 and that would have told you why your images would not show up...

You have to move the data images to the new location for 2.x to see them.

Step 3:

Copy all your images from your original OpenCart installation (data/image) to the new installation (image/catalog). This includes all folders & files.
You may need to download them first then upload to the new installation (All image files in one folder can be a problem later).

NOTE: OpenCart's config file points to the image root location and you will never see your images if you upload to that location.

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:26 am

Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned in my post, I moved all of the images to image/catalog. That did not solve the problem.

Post by oc-extensions » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:15 am

Hi,

In table product check column image;
In this way will now exactly if product has or not image defined and from where should be loaded

Image | Extensions and Custom Development

Post by Sea-Wing_Designs » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:29 am

OH! the image column in the products table has the images all listed as data/theimage.jpg and not catalog/theimage.jpg. Is there any way to easily fix this?

Post by Randem » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Yes, the upgrade that I gave you the link to would have done that for you...

You will need to write an SQL query to replace the paths in the tables...

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart