Post by mrwildbob » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:48 am

I have searched the forums, google and even called PayPal about information on how to accept credit cards with out someone having to sign up for a PayPal Account. At checkout, when the cart sends the info to PayPal to process the purchase, the only option is to login or sign up.

How do I setup PayPal to accept credit cards with out an account?

boB

Thanks
boB

Running OpenCart v2.1.0.1

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:54 am

mrwildbob wrote:I have searched the forums, google and even called PayPal about information on how to accept credit cards with out someone having to sign up for a PayPal Account. At checkout, when the cart sends the info to PayPal to process the purchase, the only option is to login or sign up.

boB
If I'm not mistaken, you need to signup for Paypal Payments Pro:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/p ... yments-pro

With this, you'll need to have an SSL certificate to encrypt the information.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by remustx » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:20 am

PayPal payments standard option will allow a customer without a paypal account to pay via credit card

Post by mrwildbob » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:01 am

remustx wrote:PayPal payments standard option will allow a customer without a paypal account to pay via credit card
how?

Thanks
boB

Post by remustx » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Its what paypal standard is for....you in the US?

Post by mrwildbob » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:38 am

remustx wrote:Its what paypal standard is for....you in the US?
yes

Thanks
boB

Post by remustx » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:29 am

I have always used standard with no issues on many websites, all you have to do is enable it under payments in OC and put your paypal email in the box, the customer then has the option of logging into their paypal account to pay or if they dont have one just pay with credit card.

Post by mrwildbob » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:39 am

Great, I will check it out. I currently have PayPal Express Checkout enabled but never had option for checkout without account.
remustx wrote:I have always used standard with no issues on many websites, all you have to do is enable it under payments in OC and put your paypal email in the box, the customer then has the option of logging into their paypal account to pay or if they dont have one just pay with credit card.

Thanks
boB

Post by Randem » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:26 am

hi mrwildbob,

Be aware that you can accept credit cards via PayPal without the purchaser having a PayPal account sort of...

What they do not tell you that if the purchaser does not have a PayPal account they cannot verify the address and the Payment will not go thru and you or the customer will have no idea of why or they will charge you a very much higher rate for the credit card transaction.

Be careful here because if the customers try to use their credit card and don't have a PayPal account their purchase will keep getting rejected and they will get frustrated and give up on your store...

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by remustx » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:49 am

Randem wrote:What they do not tell you that if the purchaser does not have a PayPal account they cannot verify the address and the Payment will not go thru and you or the customer will have no idea of why or they will charge you a very much higher rate for the credit card transaction.
Randem,
I have used paypal standard exclusively for years and have never had reports of these issues, but then about 90% of my customers have had a paypal account, but i get one here or there that dont ( i assume) cause the address comes back "not confirmed".
I dont remember the fees being any higher either they are all 2.9%+.30cents, i will check next time one comes thru though maybe i missed it.

Post by Burt65 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:16 am

mrwildbob wrote:I have searched the forums, google and even called PayPal about information on how to accept credit cards with out someone having to sign up for a PayPal Account. At checkout, when the cart sends the info to PayPal to process the purchase, the only option is to login or sign up.

boB
Hi bob

Using Opencart and Paypal Standard or Express (as Payment module), will give the customer the option to pay using Paypal or as a Guest using the credit card detail. At the bottom of the page the customer is then remind that he/she has an option (if they choose so) to create a Paypal account or not.

I don't know what Paypal module you are using, but the two mentioned above will give your customer the option you are after and it is done by Paypal not Opencart. All you have to do is fill the required field in the Paypal module with the data provided to you by Paypal when you setup your account...

There is no difference in how much Paypal do charge you if the customer use either their Paypal account or a standard Credit Card with the Standard or Express Modules. The rate you will pay, will vary based on your number of transactions not on how your customer pays. The more transactions you have, the cheaper it gets...

Cheers

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by mrwildbob » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:32 am

Burt65 wrote:I don't know what Paypal module you are using, but the two mentioned above will give your customer the option you are after and it is done by Paypal not Opencart. All you have to do is fill the required field in the Paypal module with the data provided to you by Paypal when you setup your account...
I am currently using the PayPal Express module that came with OC2101. When I visit the store from a different machine and do a checkout, PayPal will show up for a login but no other options.

What are the differences in using PayPal Express vs PalPal Standard?

boB

Thanks
boB

Post by granddaddy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:24 am

Here's a good article that explains various reasons the card option isn't visible. The section that mentions cookies might explain your situation:
http://j2store.org/blog/why-paypal-is-n ... times.html

Post by remustx » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:27 am

boB,
in your paypal account go here - Profile -> My Selling Tools -> WebSite Preferences
“PayPal Account Optional” -> On

Post by Burt65 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:00 pm

I am currently using the PayPal Express module that came with OC2101. When I visit the store from a different machine and do a checkout, PayPal will show up for a login but no other options.

What are the differences in using PayPal Express vs PalPal Standard?

boB
The two post above do answer the first part of your question. The link below does answer the second part of your question.

https://www.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/websc ... -ref-impl1

Cheers

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by JGAN » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Paypal pro is not necessary. This is with Paypal standard. When the customer reaches the Paypal login screen, they just need to click the bottom section that says "Pay with a debit or credit card" and it won't require them to login.

Attachments

2016-02-07 (1).png

2016-02-07 (1).png (651.7 KiB) Viewed 2378 times

Post by mrwildbob » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:37 am

Update:

I installed PayPal Standard along with PayPal Express. Now on checkout, the user has the option to pick which one they want to use. I also modified the title for each to include a description that says "PayPal Account Required" and "PayPal Account Not Required (Credit Cards)"

Thanks for the info guys!

boB

Thanks
boB