Post by OSVWebMas » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:19 am

I've dug through these forums up and down and I just want to know how to fix this..

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user ' (using password: YES) in /public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

Notice: Error: Could not make a database link (1045) Access denied for user (using password: YES) in /public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10

Warning: mysqli::close(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 58

Post by budgetneon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:37 am

Maybe check that your config.php in the root www directory has these two entries, and that they are correct.

Code: Select all

define('DB_USERNAME', 'whateveryourdbuseris');
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'yourdbpassword');

Post by OSVWebMas » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:11 am

both are definitely there... I can see them and the password is correct

Post by budgetneon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:03 am

OSVWebMas wrote:both are definitely there... I can see them and the password is correct
If you have command line access, I would try that next. Aside from the username and password, get the host and database name from that same file, then:

# note that you don't enter the < or > chars...like mysql -u myuser -p -h myhost mydbname
mysql -u <username> -p -h <hostname> <databasename>
( it will prompt for the password)

That would verify that all of the info in the file is correct, and effectively do a test connection.

Post by OSVWebMas » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:04 am

can you put the exact command you'd like me to try?

I know it might be right in front of my face, but i'm at that stage where I have been trying to sort this out for 4 days and full tilt

Post by Randem » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:38 am

Hi OSVWebMas,

Generally when one gets those errors is when a new database is created and the name has not had the time to make it into DNS. But being that you have had this error for 4 days suggest something different. It can take 24 hours for this to happen. The best way to find out if this is the problem is to open a command prompt and ping the database name. If you do not get a response then there maybe something wrong with your DNS searching possibly pointing to the incorrect DNS source. You can also check with your hosting provider to make sure nothing is wrong on their end...

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by labeshops » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:53 pm

You might want to check with your webhosts. Many add a prefix to the database like yourusername_databasename and yourusername_databaseusername that may or may not show in cpanel. Look at phpmyadmin from your cpanel and look at the actual database that was created and make sure it doesn't do this. Also make sure any use of Capitals/lowercase is correct as they are case sensitive.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:21 pm

OSVWebMas wrote:I've dug through these forums up and down and I just want to know how to fix this..

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user ' (using password: YES) in /public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7

Notice: Error: Could not make a database link (1045) Access denied for user (using password: YES) in /public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10

Warning: mysqli::close(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 58
The only thing that will cause this issue is an error or errors within the database connection details of your config.php and admin/config.php files. Look them over closely.

https://www.evolvewebhost.com
$10.49 .com Registration and $9.99 .com Transfers in now
Guaranteed top level opencart performance and support. Risk free 30 day money back guarantee & free transfers.

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA