Post by geolits » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Hello,

i have this problem:

i have a product with many colors as options: https://www.ideatoshop.gr/en/hand-towel ... 00gsm-1028

i have set at product edit, minimum quantity = 3

If a user tries to add a product with color red, then in the cart automatic are added 3 red products (=with the minimum quantity).

If he add at the cart one more with blue color he takes, at the cart, 3 extra blue products.

If he add one more orange color, added at the cart 3 more products with orange collor.

Now in the cart there are 9 products, 3 x Red, 3 x Blue and 3 x Orange.

If in the cart he change the quantities of every color to 1, then he have in the cart 3 products, 1 x Red, 1 x Blue and 1 x Orange (3product = with the minimum quantity, and he can checkout).

There is no way to add any product with any color option at the cart, with 1 quantity?And take the message in the cart that he cannot checkout, if the total of the product is not 3?

So to can add, 1 x Red, 1 x Blue and 1 x Orange without the need to change amounts at the cart?

thank you

Post by Burt65 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:23 am

Here is another great idea for an extension...

Been able to mix options, while retaining the minimum quantity of 1 as a unit, regardless of the minimum quantity of the product.

So in your case you want to sell minimum 3 cans but you want the customer to be able to pick which colour from the option, without having to buy 3 of each if he/she wants three different colours, while the option is set to 1.

Surely this extension would be a great asset for Opencart.

I looked into the shop extensions, but I couldn't see this feature...

Hopefully someone will come to the rescue.

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by geolits » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:34 pm

Ths is the way Opencart works?

I think this must be changed at opencart itself.

If at cart gives the oportunity to checkout if there are 1 x red , 1 x blue and 1x Orange, why not to add them one by one at the cart, and the client to take the message that he cannot checkout if the product have less than 3 products whatever color they have?