Post by MrGenius1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:09 am

What is the correct way to setup this feature? I want a product to sell at $50.00 then $40.00 every year after the first year.

Can someone please assist me with this?

Post by Randem » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:25 am

Hi MrGenius1,

Just put in specials for the product with the begin and end dates...

But this is not recurring payments?????

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by MrGenius1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:44 am

I have a product that cost $50 for the first year and then after the first year I want to charge $40 per year automatically using the Recurring Payments feature of OpenCart.

Post by Randem » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:02 am

Then you should explain better... You mention you want to SELL,. You did not mention what version you are operating on. ETC...

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"

Post by MrGenius1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:35 am

I labeled this post Recurring Payments to let people know what my issue is concerning. Then I posted my issue. As far as the version, I'm running the latest version.

Post by Randem » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:28 am

Latest Version is all but meaningless. That is why they give them numbers...
As far as Recurring Payments... Just where is this menu selection in Admin in v2.1.0.x?

Post by MrGenius1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:37 am

Not sure why you are being difficult. Latest Version = 2.1.0.2

If I have to tell you where it's located then you probably don't know how to use it. I'm looking for someone to help me with Recurring Payments, Recurring Profiles or anything that has to do with Recurring. Please

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:25 am

MrGenius1 wrote:Not sure why you are being difficult. Latest Version = 2.1.0.2

If I have to tell you where it's located then you probably don't know how to use it. I'm looking for someone to help me with Recurring Payments, Recurring Profiles or anything that has to do with Recurring. Please
Sorry I don't have any personal experience with this but maybe one of these links will help you out:

http://docs.opencart.com/catalog/profile/

http://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/setting-u ... -opencart/

My guess is that your original product price would be the higher price and then the profile would contain the lesser dollar amount for recurring.

Sorry if I'm way off base but I'm trying to help!

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by artcore » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:14 pm

MrGenius1 wrote:I have a product that cost $50 for the first year and then after the first year I want to charge $40 per year automatically using the Recurring Payments feature of OpenCart.
It can be a bit confusing but here's how OpenCart works with recurring payments.
A recurring profile is attached to a product similar to an option.
The product price cannot be zero so if you only want the profile to be charged you need a workaround(extension)
OC also doesn't support free trials (zero checkout)

In your case a possible workaround would be to have the product price at $10 and create a profile as follows:
trial: $40 for one year, duration 1, cycle year, frequency year
recurring $40 every year, duration 0, cycle year, frequency year

Initial checkout would be $10 which is followed by the automatic recurring charge (within 24 hours). One year later $40 is automatically charged. And so on.

you have to use PayPal Express as it's the only payment method in OC that supports profiles!

If you have any more questions, let me know ;)

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands