Post by helenmarie » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Hello :)

Im experiencing an issue when trying to add a new product.

I have done a fresh install of 2.1.0.2 and I added 5 modifications to the default install. I have had no problems adding filters and categories but when I have come to add a new product I was getting a php error showing:

Could not load model/sale/customer_group.php! in (path to)/loader.php

So i disabled a load of the modifications as I thought it might be the 'brainy filter' one i had in there...... but I am now getting a bank white screen in Firefox and a 500 server error in MS Edge

Heres the error log:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Modelsalecustomergroup' not found in /home/sites/(removed site name).co.uk/public_html/system/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php on line 61: /home/sites/(removed site name).co.uk/public_html/admin/index.php

I came across a thread on here where QPhoria had attached a loader.php file ........... i have tried that and it didnt work

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am now running about 3 months behind schedule for this site because of all the issues I have had with one thing and another

Helen :)

Post by helenmarie » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Ok so an update ................. i noticed there actually wasnt an admin/model/sale/customer_group.php file AT ALL (bearing in mind this is a fresh install, im not sure if there is supposed to be a customer_group file?), so in my efforts to get to the bottom of the problem I created one and then google searched the error again and found this link

https://opencart-polish.googlecode.com/ ... _group.php

I have pasted that code into the created customer_group.php file and I can now access the page to add a new product but its now throwing this php error

Notice: Error: Unknown column 'name' in 'order clause'
Error No: 1054
SELECT * FROM oc_customer_group ORDER BY name ASC in /home/sites/(removed name).co.uk/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 41Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/sites/(removed name).co.uk/public_html/admin/model/sale/customer_group.php on line 47

Another update

I have copied the customer_group.php file from my old version 2.0.1.1 and I can now access the page with no errors ALTHOUGH i have noticed that there are a couple of files missing from this 2.1.0.2 I have just installed ... so not really sure whats going on...... but iv copied them over anyway to be on the safe side

Post by OSWorX » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 pm

helenmarie wrote:I have copied the customer_group.php file from my old version 2.0.1.1 and I can now access the page with no errors
Not that good idea .. because >>
helenmarie wrote:ALTHOUGH i have noticed that there are a couple of files missing from this 2.1.0.2 I have just installed ... so not really sure whats going on...... but iv copied them over anyway to be on the safe side
The model customer_group was in earlier version inside the folder sale
The files is now under customer to find.

Better you check the modfications, one of them is using the old path!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by helenmarie » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Thank you for your reply :)

Now I know that I will check all the mods and fix it properly

Thanks again :)

Post by Randem » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:33 am

Hi helenmarie,

The best thing to do with ANY new install is to go thru it first without adding any MODS to it to see how it works without modification. You do this so that you won't be chasing your tail down the road. If it works, then add in your MODS one at a time and test the functionality of the MOD. You do this over and over until everything works or something breaks. If something breaks you know exactly where to look. I know it takes time but people never have time to do it right but always time to do it over...

When you post a question and we don't know the background you may get some strange answers that take you down roads you don't need to go down. The better the question the better the answer. Also NEVER mix and match major version releases of any software.

One of your MODS has to be the problem. You will need to disable them all then add them back in until it breaks again and you will have your answer. Most MODS created for v1.5.x do not work in v2.1.x

Things that may help - http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=157955

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by helenmarie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:37 am

Thank you :)

I have tried disabling and removing all the mods i added, one being an accessory product one that said it was compatible with 2.1.0.2 and it overwrote the product files in admin and catalog, so I thought it would be that, but I just got a blank white page when trying to view the product list in admin....... I am now wiping it and starting again for the last time ........ luckily i had not added alot of products so it wont take too long to get it back up to the same point again.

This time I am going to take your advice and fully test the whole thing before adding any mods etc, make sure it works exactly as it should, THEN start adding the mods one by one.

Thank you for your help :)

Post by Randem » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:51 am

You are welcome. One more thing to help you NOT make big mistakes. If you are installing a MOD or Extension, peruse the code (modules) to see if they are replacing core files. If they are you should not use the MOD/Extension or you should make a VQMOD XML file that will make the changes that can be removed easily. I would not operate an OpenCart system without VQMOD and VQMOD Manager. Any MOD/Theme/Extension that does not conform to this is probably going to give you trouble down the road that you may not be able to extricate...

Yes, it takes more time but I like things to go correctly... No Shortcuts!

More helpful information

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by cyclops12 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Some great advice from Randem there, hope you get it sorted quickly helenmarie

Expert Member