Post by tjvisualdesign » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:27 am

Hi, I'm wondering how do you uninstall a ocmod? Where would the file be located? I'm using 2.1

I installed an ocmod and now my admin page has gone blank. I've tried re-uploading the core files, but that hasn't helped. How do I uninstall this? I thought it would be in the ocmod folder or the vqmod folder, but nothing. I haven't heard anything back from the developer.

Thanks for you time

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Did you clear your cache and refresh under 'Modifications'? This is where you can delete an OC Mod as well.

https://www.evolvewebhost.com
$10.49 .com Registration and $9.99 .com Transfers in now
Guaranteed top level opencart performance and support. Risk free 30 day money back guarantee & free transfers.

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by tjvisualdesign » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:54 am

I can't actually get into the admin area, as soon as I login it just goes to a blank page and I can't do anything else. So I can't refresh modifications.

I need a way to uninstall it from filezilla etc.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:38 am

tjvisualdesign wrote:I can't actually get into the admin area, as soon as I login it just goes to a blank page and I can't do anything else. So I can't refresh modifications.

I need a way to uninstall it from filezilla etc.
Are you able to access your database and turn on error reporting? If so, you could see the error to get it fixed.

https://www.evolvewebhost.com
$10.49 .com Registration and $9.99 .com Transfers in now
Guaranteed top level opencart performance and support. Risk free 30 day money back guarantee & free transfers.

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by tjvisualdesign » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:15 am

OK so I figured it out, the modifications from ocmods go in the system/storage/modification folder and I just had to delete the file that corresponded to the modification. That allowed me to access the admin dashboard and to uninstall the modification.

Thank science.

Post by gunner86 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:44 pm

hi , as you i installed an extension to my opencart but i didint fix that , after modifications folder what i have to do ... i am looking for a folder with exstension name but i cant .
on vqmod it was easy to find xml file , and we could delete the file . but on oc mod i couldnt ... or i dont know the way .
and i am looking for an answer thanks ...

Post by ajemptage1 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:51 pm

I know this is a really old thread, and if there is a better way to do this then, by all means, post it, I would love to know for future reference, but I have run into this issue a few times while building my latest OC site, and the solution I have found to consistently work is this:
1. If, like me, your ocmod broke your site so bad that even the admin login screen will not load, you can add your current session token to the end of the url in step 3. This may not be needed in every case, but if possible, it's safe to hold onto it just in case. Note that this session will expire, so it will only work for a limited time! The session token is the "&token=XXXXXXXXXXXX" at the end of your admin url.
2. Go into phpMyAdmin and find the "oc_modification" table, then delete the row for the ocmod causing the error. - This will remove the mod from the table, but it is still in the cache, and removing the affected files from system/storage/modification via FTP or even cPanel file manager won't work as it will just keep reappearing.
3. To clear the modification cache, go to this url - [EXAMPLEDOMAIN.COM]/admin/index.php?route=extension/modification/clear&token=[enter the session token from step 1] - At least for me, has fixed the issue everytime I have broken my site (more times than I care to admit to!). Obviously you would swap out [EXAMPLEDOMAIN.COM] with your domain, and the [enter the session token from step 1] with the session token you may have saved from step 1, if not you can end the url at clear and try that.