Post by postidol » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:31 am

Hey everyone. Happy New Year!

Hate to bother everyone, and I am usually pretty resourceful, but this one has stumped me.

The problem is, that I am very familiar with the Options and how to use them, add the option group and available option values to Catalog/Options, then go to each product and add the option group and option values I want.

BUT, for some reason, now when I go to Options under my product, and start to type the Option Group I want to add, the autocomplete is not coming up for me to be able to select it!! :( As you can imagine, this is pretty crucial, cause I can't add options now.

Anyone have an idea what could be the issue?

Thx so much!

Jackson

Post by clorne » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:04 am

Just occasionally, depending on the extensions that are loaded, autocomplete can be halted by using an apostrophe in naming options( " ' " as opposed to single quote "`" because json_encode may not have been added to extension code). So if you have some apostrophes it may be worthwhile deleting them temporarily and seeing if autocomplete works - this is not the solution if you are using default theme only.
You could simply use your browser's "Inspect Element" to debug the js script - look for function

$('input[name=\'option\']').autocomplete({

Post by postidol » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:12 am

Thank you Clorne, I will try that. Stay tuned ;)

Post by postidol » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:19 am

Thank you Clorne! I removed all the apostrophes and voila! It works again!!!

Thanks so much! Have a great week! :)