Post by aljawaid » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:41 am

Hello All

Sorry for the dumb question but should we use one of the built-in anti-fraud modules?

If the payment gateway is set up as stripe and/or paypal...isn't it their job to reduce fraud as they hold the payment data?

I'm a bit confused on this one sorry.
Last edited by aljawaid on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by MarketInSG » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:50 pm

if you are selling physical product and using paypal, you can take a chance with paypal's protection policy.

However, the fraud module is good for those selling digital goods, where they have to block the customer from downloading if they purchased with a suspicious account (such as address etc does not match his IP)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by aljawaid » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:26 am

MarketInSG wrote:if you are selling physical product and using paypal, you can take a chance with paypal's protection policy.

However, the fraud module is good for those selling digital goods, where they have to block the customer from downloading if they purchased with a suspicious account (such as address etc does not match his IP)
Hey thanks for the clarification. Yes my products will be physical.

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK