Post by aljawaid » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Hello all,

Can the admin amend or change the saved address for a customer form the backend?

The problem is asking to confirm the customer's password. If I changed the password fields on that form to not required, would it leave the customer's password intact after I save changes to any of the information if I didn't touch the password field?

Thats the only way I can think of doing it.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by labeshops » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:42 pm

You should be able to by just clicking "edit" from the customer list.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by aljawaid » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Yeh but when I do it asks for the password confirmation field to the complete which I woul know

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by labeshops » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:13 pm

I just tried adding a customer in admin on my test v 2.0.3.1 store (which has no mods installed yet) and had no problem adding a customer, then editing it. No password field came up.

I just clicked on the dark blue pen icon next to the customer, edited the address, and hit save from sale > customers > customers.

Was also able to use the login to store from this list and edit their address from the front end with no problem and no password confirmation popup.

Do you have an extra security mod or something installed?

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by aljawaid » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:44 am

I can't seem to repeat it now so it must have been something I messed up.

I see why the login as the customer feature is becoming more and more useful now O0

Location - UK