Post by burningcotton » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:56 am

Hello,

some help please.

When a customer orders something, nothing shows up on their order or invoice in my dashboard but the paypal has the order details.

Any reason why and how to fix this?

Thank You

Post by florinsith » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:46 pm

In admin > sale > order check the order with the status uncompleted or unfinished, they should show up there meaning that the paypal response somehow didnt reach the website (check also the error log).

My Extensions - SuperTheme - Opencart templates - Opencart modules

Expert Member

Post by FrankR » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:05 pm

I am getting a similar error. Twice now, I have gotten a PayPal notification of an order placed through my OpenCart v2.0.1.1 store. OpenCart shows that the customer has registered an account but there is no trace of it in my dashboard or latest orders.

The OpenCart appears to correctly increment the order number as the order number shows in my PayPal transaction details. PayPal reports an Invoice ID that is one or two counts higher that the previous paid Invoice number so the customer appears to have had to make more than one attempt at the purchase.

When I first installed OpenCart, I was very happy to see that it worked perfectly out of the box. The installation is still the original unmodified version that I downloaded directly from the OpenCart web site.

For the last transaction (with PayPal payment), OpenCart reports the following errors:

Code: Select all

2015-11-18 14:14:06 - PHP Warning:  unlink(/home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/system/cache/cache.country.status.1447856045): No such file or directory in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/system/library/cache/file.php on line 17
2015-11-18 14:14:06 - PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/admin/index.php:80) in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/system/library/session.php on line 12
It appears that there was an earlier purchase attempt (no payment or customer account) with the following errors:

Code: Select all

2015-10-27 4:03:12 - PHP Warning:  unlink(/home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/system/cache/cache.currency.1445915487): No such file or directory in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/system/library/cache/file.php on line 17
2015-10-27 4:03:12 - PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/index.php:98) in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/system/library/session.php on line 12
2015-10-27 4:03:12 - PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/index.php:98) in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/system/library/session.php on line 12
2015-10-27 4:03:12 - PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/index.php:98) in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/index.php on line 173
2015-10-27 4:03:12 - PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/index.php:98) in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/YYYYYY/system/library/currency.php on line 45

Post by labeshops » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:15 am

I believe paypal had an ipn glitch about a week ago as I also got a few orders showing in the "missing orders" section of orders that were actually paid. I manually changed the order status and moved on, but orders before and since came thru fine. As I had changed nothing in opencart, I assume it was on paypal's side.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by FrankR » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:40 am

In my case, OpenCart reports no indication of the last 2 orders processed by PayPal (November 18 - #145 and October 7 - #143) and I was only aware of them when PayPal sent me a notice that a payment was received.

It was the earlier transaction (October 7) when I first became aware of this problem. Since OpenCart previously properly reported transactions (#140 on October 2 was the previous good one), I thought that that is must have been a one-time glitch. OpenCart's error logs do not report any errors for order #143.

Post by FrankR » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:51 pm

I asked my customer (last order, #145) about the order process. This is what he replied:
There was no problem with the ordering process on my side. I completed the process and printed a receipt. I went back in to your website to see the order in my account and it said I have not placed any orders which I thought was funny but maybe too early to look.
I'm not aware of any notices of major software upgrades to my web server since October. Currently:
Apache Version 2.2.29
PHP Version 5.4.42
MySQL Version 5.5.46-cll
Perl Version 5.8.8

Again, I am using an unmodified installation of OpenCart v2.0.1.1.

Post by FrankR » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:52 am

I was able to successfully upgrade my store from v2.0.1.1 to v2.0.3.1. I checked table oc_order after the upgrade and it includes records for orders 141 to 145. When I go to the orders page of my store, orders only appear up until 140.

What would prevent those 5 orders in the oc_order table from appearing in the Orders listing of my store?

Post by FrankR » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:23 am

For my last customer that placed order 145, I see that his customer history and transactions are blank. However, I can see from the orders table that his customer number correctly appears in order 145.

Post by FrankR » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:55 am

I see that for the invisible orders 141 to 145, the order_status_id in the oc_orders table are all set to "0". When I changed the order_status_id from 0 to 10 (failed) for order 141, it now appears in the Latest Orders of my Dashboard. However, order 141 was placed by a registered user but order 141 does not appear in his history or transactions.

When I check the oc_customer_history and oc_customer_transaction tables, I see that both tables are completely empty. The oc_customer_activity table shows that this customer registered and changed addresses but there is no record of placing any orders.

Post by FrankR » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:33 am

Over the weekend, order 146 came through and I was notified of this through PayPal once again. By going into the oc_order table, I was able to change the order_status_id from 0 to 2 (processing), which allowed me to view the order and send status updates (like shipped) to my customer.

The part of the program that notifies me that I have a new order and change the invoice number from 0 to 146 still does not run. Unless I change the invoice number in the table with phpMyAdmin, I don't see any obvious way of doing this from my installation. My error log shows no errors since November 30 - not sure why because I did the upgrade on Nov 27.

Since was running unmodified versions of 2.0.1.1 and now 2.0.3.1, it seems that there is something external to the program that is preventing OpenCart from working properly. What server software setting or script does OpenCart require to have the orders function properly function?

Post by FrankR » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:25 am

I see that order 147 came through on November 12 and order 148 came through this morning (notification by PayPal). I only discovered 147 because I had to edit the order status to change it from 0 (zero) to 1 (pending).

I already switched from Loaded 7 to OpenCart because I needed software that worked and I'm not looking forward to rebuilding my store once again. Upgrading from v2.0.1.1 to v2.0.3.1 did not fix this order issue and no-one here has no offered any suggestions yet so my next course of action is to try a clean installation of latest version of OpenCart (v2.1.0.1).

Is there simple way to export all of my existing v2.0.3.1 tables so that I can paste information back into a clean installation of v2.1.0.1?

Post by ChinaDivision » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Try to upgrade your opencart. Then check if your gate way is setting right

Post by matthk » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:35 pm

2.1.0.1 same problem, are you using journal 2 theme?

Post by FrankR » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:59 pm

I'm using the default template and layout.

Post by FrankR » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:55 am

I installed a clean version of v2.0.1.3 and found that it seemed to work perfectly. I then backed the files of my working store's installation and uploaded the same clean copy of v2.0.1.3 in its place. I then copied back my image files and the 2 config.php files. My store now seems to be working as it should and I even got an email notification of the order.

The only problem I noticed is that, for the order I got today (order #151), the software also generated a previous order (order #150) with an order_status_id of 0 (zero). My customer told me that he refreshed the page during the checkout process when asked about his experience.

Post by matthk » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Are you using Godaddy?

Post by FrankR » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:23 pm

No, I'm not with Godaddy.

I think the problem is the program thinks that a new session has started and it generates a new order number when the page is refreshed.

Post by FrankR » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 pm

My installation of OpenCart is still randomly putting "0" (zero) in the order_status_id field. I only know that have an order when I get an email from PayPal telling me my customer has authorized a payment to me. There is no indication in the Dashboard's Recent Activity list of this transaction either.

Post by FrankR » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:39 am

I've upgraded to v2.3.0.2 and this once again did not fix the issue that I've been having with OpenCart.

I am still working around this bug by manually editing the order record and changing the value from zero to one. This is very annoying and I am now seriously considering to switch to another shopping cart even though I have already invested a lot of effort into this one. Can anyone help me?

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:53 am

FrankR wrote:I've upgraded to v2.3.0.2 and this once again did not fix the issue that I've been having with OpenCart.

I am still working around this bug by manually editing the order record and changing the value from zero to one. This is very annoying and I am now seriously considering to switch to another shopping cart even though I have already invested a lot of effort into this one. Can anyone help me?
Are you sure this isn't a paypal call back issue? i.e. are you certain you have the IPN set-up properly?

I think order status of 0 actually goes into "missing orders" from the pull-down of the sales listing... if that ia the case that is normally because the callback didn't work as needed.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality