Post by chilliboom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Afternoon all,

I've got an issue when trying to change the status of an order (from pending to complete etc...) in the admin section.

A warning appears saying
Warning: You do not have permission to access the API!
the fields are all in red and the continue button doesn't work.

A similar thing happens if I view an order instead and try to add a new status to the order history.

I've seen this problem mentioned a few times in other posts but, afaik, without any satisfactory answer.

I'm using Opencart 2.0.3.1 and I'm logged in as an administrator and the administrator user group has all Access and Modify permissions enabled.

There is the default API user set up in System > Users > API and I also added (and then removed) another one but I was not sure what to do once I had created a new API user with a username and generated password.

The site is not in maintenance mode, I have an EV SSL certificate installed and working fine, Paypal Pro has been set up successfully as the main payment gateway and I only have one extra module installed (Super Mega Menu).

There are no other problems on the site but, despite trying just about all the suggestions in the other forum posts, I can't edit the existing orders from the admin section.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by chilliboom on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by yodapt » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Have you set the user under System > Settings > your store > Options > Checkout (API User) ?

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by sergiubarbu » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Do you use SSL on your website?

I have a similar problem (I can;t edit orders) when I'm using SLL ... and nobody have a fix for this issue.

Post by chilliboom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:55 pm

yodapt wrote:Have you set the user under System > Settings > your store > Options > Checkout (API User) ?
Hi, thanks for the reply. under 'checkout' where it says API user - the default API username (which was automatically set up when I installed) is selected.

When I tried adding a new API user, I then tried selecting that user in this field but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Post by yodapt » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:55 pm

sergiubarbu wrote:Do you use SSL on your website?

I have a similar problem (I can;t edit orders) when I'm using SLL ... and nobody have a fix for this issue.
Actually there is a fix for that.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by chilliboom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. I do use SSL yes - I will try turning that off and seeing if that makes it work... At least then we will have identified the culprit...

Post by chilliboom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:10 pm

It doesn't seem to be an SSL issue in this case. I turned off SSL in the admin section and also in the config files and this didn't seem to make any difference...

Post by sergiubarbu » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:02 pm

yodapt wrote:

What is the fix?
I search in the forum and I did not find a working solution for my website..

Post by chilliboom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:28 pm

I've just performed a clean install of Opencart 2.0.3.1

All I've done is create a new customer and place a single order, so no SSL, no extensions, no payment stuff etc... and I can't edit or change the status of the order I have just placed. The error is the same.
Warning: You do not have permission to access the API!
The problem doesn't seem to exist when I installed OC on my local host so I have to assume that something in the Opencart core and my web server doesn't play nicely together...

I guess I now ought to install a test of the very latest version of OC to see if that fares any better.

Post by chilliboom » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:15 am

FIXED ..... I think...

Ok, a fresh install of OpenCart 2.1.0.1 gave an error at the same point but it was much more revealing. It told me that my IP address was not allowed to access the API. It was simple to fix - just one click. Or I could have gone to System > Users > API > Edit API and clicked on the IP addresses tab and added it there.

It now allows me to change the order status, however, not all of the changes I made to the order were saved - but that's an issue for another day.

BUT - if i go back to my 2.0.3.1 install (my current shop) then the IP addresses tab does not exist so it looks like I will have to upgrade my shop to 2.1.0.1 to get it working.

Let me get this straight, in OC 2.0.3.1 IP addresses have to assigned to API users so that they can be used but this functionality is not included in the admin section? ???

Hmm..... I shall now look at upgrading to 2.1.0.1 and hopefully all will be well...

Post by orangeart » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:49 pm

I've got this problem as well. I also upgraded to the 2.1.0.1 build as well which as you pointed out fixes the probelm by ahving the addition of a tab where you can add in the IP address which seems to be missing in the 2.0.3.1 version. However there were quite a few broken things in the 2.1.0.1 build which were unworkable for me. when in the checkout area depending on what shipping options I had selected in the extension, either a user would be presented with an error asking them to select a shipping method or some of the shipping methods just wouldn't appear.

What I guess I want to know is what files were changed for the API fix between the two versions so that I can just manually change just those files? Then I can carry on happily using 2.0.3.1. Hopefully one of the devs will stop by and let us know.

Stefan

Post by orangeart » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:51 am

well I had a good poke around the changelog and can see lots of additions for this problem especially here

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... 9566450d74

I've been through and added all the lines of code and do now have an IP tab in the API user setup which after setting the sql table listed in the last bit of code does actually now store the IP address however the order part does still show tht I don't have access so obviously more to it than meet the eye.

Anyone else have any more luck?

Devs?

Stefan

Post by orangeart » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Anyone get anywhere with this?

Stefan

Post by webbouk » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:44 am

yodapt wrote:

Go on then give us a clue as to what or where to find this fix

Post by daniGo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:24 pm

On my local server everything is work, but on my site where SSL is enabled stop working. Then i made this changes and it started working, but i don't know if is this a solution for your problem. Try this for OC2.1.0.1.

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/3536

http://www.gombac.si

Location - Slovenia

Post by her63 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:42 am

I have the same problem too, using ssl cannot edit

Location - Makassar, south sulawesi, Indonesia

Post by Randem » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:24 am

Here is a fix for your issues - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... cart-v2-x/

This should take care of most of your issues with SSL.

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
OpenCart Helpful Information * Upgrade 1.5 to 2.1 * Upgrade 2.1 to 2.2
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"
DO NOT EVER GIVE SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW ADMIN ACCESS TO ANYTHING!
I am NOT affiliated with OpenCart

Post by Randem » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:01 pm

I found the solution to this problem - http://www.randemsystems.com/support/op ... 8/#msg6218

NEVER take serious; anyone who gives negative impact statements with no ABSOLUTE proof!
"Why do people NEVER have enough time to do it right but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?"

Post by wallchick » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi Randem, I appreciate you trying to help with this. I'm a little confused by the first thing on your to do list:
Change all store URLs to point to the same IP address and the same folder on your hosted server. All URL's MUST be unique for proper operation. You may need to setup additional test URL's

If they all point to the same ip and folder, how can they then be unique?

Post by Randem » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:21 am

http://www.store1.com , http://www.store2.com & http://www.store3.com are all unique Domain/URL names and MUST resolve to the same IP address. It is the URL that makes them unique. This is paramount to how OpenCart works for multi-stores. It is not Optional...