Post by mteverest » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 pm

:joker: Just wondering When will the New Version of OC 2.x released?

Location - Dhulikhel, Nepal

Post by ClosedCart » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:11 pm

mteverest wrote::joker: Just wondering When will the New Version of OC 2.x released?
I dont know and honestly, I don't want it to. It will just make extensions incompatible and you'll have to wait until who knows how long until it is.

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:25 pm

ClosedCart wrote:
mteverest wrote::joker: Just wondering When will the New Version of OC 2.x released?
I dont know and honestly, I don't want it to. It will just make extensions incompatible and you'll have to wait until who knows how long until it is.
On the other way around, upgrading a platform is not entirely a bad decision regarding code evolution. For instance, the PHP industry might manipulate some change in their code functions which not only Opencart that would require to change. Eventually, an upgrade will be needed, including the bug reports and fixes that has been posted on the forum already.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON