Post by hawky316 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:20 pm

I'm running opencart version 1.5.6.4 with the default-black theme and whenever friends or I try to use the contact us form the website will say that the message was successful, but I never receive the message in my email or in the admin control panel. Can anyone help me fix this?

Post by straightlight » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Try these steps:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 68#p575997

Also verify your SPAM folder on your host control panel and client email software's SPAM folder to see if email messages doesn't end over there.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by yasar » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:59 pm

Im also have a same issue using same version still im solving this issue To follow below Stepts

admin-> system-> setting-> mail tab-> to configure following settings

mail protocol : smtp

mail parameters : -f(yourmailid) before add -f to your mail Id

SMTP host : ssl://smtp.gmail.com

SMtp User name : yourmail id

password : your email password

smtp post : 465

smtp timeout : 5

Save it , now checking , i hope you its working fine else let me know

Post by hawky316 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:19 am

I have my own webmail setup through my website so it's kickassatron@kickassatron.com I tried following what you did but I'm getting a password error.
Notice: Error: Password not accepted from server! in /home/kickassatron/public_html/cart/system/library/mail.php on line 251
I've checked and my password is correct under System> settings > mail

i may just have to have it go through gmail

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:05 pm

Either your password has been entered incorrectly, or might be a case-sensitive password. Either way, I would suggest to try from your webmail page provided by your host or from your email client software to see if the same message re-appears. If so, change your password on your email host console. Then, try again on the three platforms. If the error persists, and it is not a case-sensitive password issue, contact your host regarding this issue.

It might either be related to password issues or to POP before SMTP authentication settings that needs to be set from your POP / IMAP protocol.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by hawky316 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:51 am

After trying to checking and changing my password, trying all of the suggestions for STMP and mail protocol all without any luck I've decided to replace the code with the html mailto: code. I really do appreciate all of you trying to help you guys are all awesome.

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:47 pm

It is possible your provider requests the use of enforcing POP over SMTP authentication. mailto: is a standard way to send email. However, PHPMailer is a solid email platform that is free and has been programmed for such restrictions. :)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON