Post by joaking » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:24 am

Hi,

I have the following situation. I recently install the Opencart 2.0.3.1 and is extremely slow loading page. I made some adjustments like taking count of the Products in the categories and compression of some main pictures.

I do not understand how this newly installed so slow.

I have the Opencart mounted on GoDaddy, and chose Ultimate service that offers unlimited Bandwidth and Storage among other things.

I have made several adjustments to the .htaccess and I see no progress or change.
Google PageSpeed ​​Insight tells me the same problems.

1. Reduce server response time
2. Eliminate render-blocking JS and CSS in above-the-fold-conten
3.Leverage Browser Caching

I put a script in the .htaccess file and not working. I intetado with other script and no result.

## EXPIRES CACHING ##
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 week"
</IfModule>
## EXPIRES CACHING ##

I Buy a template for the page. The speed is Extremely slow. Awful!!

I have just products that brings Sample Data Opencart, I can not imagine if I had 10k or 30k products. The page simply not official. Honestly this is me doing so frustrating and I have already invested money and time in the development and purchase of pluggins. I need help from the experts.

Post by Kenberne1965 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:21 pm

joaking wrote: I have the Opencart mounted on GoDaddy, and chose Ultimate service that offers unlimited Bandwidth and Storage among other things.
theres your answer, possibly the worst host in the world..

Your lucky your site even loads...

Freelance Opencart 1.5.x and 2.x Developer - Available For Hire
Latest Opencart 2 Project --> http://www.falcon-rangecookers.co.uk

Location - Doncaster, UK

Post by ClosedCart » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:15 pm

joaking wrote:Hi,

I have the following situation. I recently install the Opencart 2.0.3.1 and is extremely slow loading page. I made some adjustments like taking count of the Products in the categories and compression of some main pictures.

I have the Opencart mounted on GoDaddy, and chose Ultimate service that offers unlimited Bandwidth and Storage among other things.

I have made several adjustments to the .htaccess and I see no progress or change.

I put a script in the .htaccess file and not working. I intetado with other script and no result.

## EXPIRES CACHING ##
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
</IfModule>
## EXPIRES CACHING ##

I have just products that brings Sample Data Opencart, I can not imagine if I had 10k or 30k products. The page simply not official. Honestly this is me doing so frustrating and I have already invested money and time in the development and purchase of pluggins. I need help from the experts.
First of all you're with godaddy, they are the worst. This is very likely a server issue. I was the same when I was on crappy OVH 's cheap plan. I changed hosts and it was much faster.

Also it isn't really unlimited bandwidth they are lying. I pay 20 dollars a month for my 10000 product store and it loads under a second.

Seriously.im 98% sure it's a server issue. That's not the best host.

Post by BrandonBerner » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:30 pm

joaking wrote:Hi,

## EXPIRES CACHING ##
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
</IfModule>
## EXPIRES CACHING ##

Adding a second variable in the mix! [2 possible solutions]

So i have had accounts with a few different hosting companies, and in the past i did not really understand what features i needed and which i did not when selecting a hosting plan. One of the biggest speed bumps i encountered was MySQL Database limits! Im with BlueHost currently, and the plan I was on only allows 1000 MySQL enteries. At the time I had no clue what MySQL was. Anyways After upgrading to OC 2, my website was very slow. And after a few weeks my websites went offline. I eventually contacted my host, and they said the MySQL was over 2,000 entries (Double what I was allowed). So for the first few weeks they limited the traffic to my website, which resulted in 10 second load times, and some thing never loaded. So make sure your MySQL limit is not over, or close to over the limit. I assume OC 2 has more MySQL entries compared to OC 1, because nothing else was modified on the server.

Why does the host limit the traffic if you go over? Cheaper hosting plans are on shared servers. These shared servers have many others using the same server. Now when you have over the limit of MySQL entries, it will also slow down everyone else on the shared server. So to prevent this, they give everyone else priority over you on that server, until you fix it, or until they eventually disable your hosting account. Once your hosting is disabled, you need to delete excess MySQL enteries. The irony is that once your account is disabled, you cant log into your hosting account to remove your MySQL Database and so therefor are in an infinite loop of misery. You can try contacting your host and see if they will enable your account for 12 hours or so, but some hosts wont even allow you to do that. The only solution is to be forced to upgrade your account to a or private server.

Hope this helps. If not maybe someone in the future will read this and find it their solution! Hope this helps future! :)