Post by 4andilyn » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 am

I've hit a brick wall in designing my store.
I make handmade bath & body products and do a lot of custom orders. I'd like to find a way to create a kind of information page that lists the fragrance and flavor options available along with a short description of each. I tried creating a simple information page, but due to OC limits it cuts off most of the list.
Are there any extensions or tricks to making this sort of thing work?

Post by grgr » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Cuts of most of the list, how long is the list?

An information page should take around 20000 characters which is about 6 pages of fairly dense text.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Location - UK

Post by straightlight » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:49 pm

I would look into the extensions store on the site to see what might best fit your requirements. Of course, you might have many possible extensions posted as a suggestion on this topic but the most efficient solution is either by googling the opencart term with your extension subject or to search directly from the extensions search bar on the left-side of the extensions page.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 4andilyn » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Currently it's 9 pages but that's even an incomplete listing

Post by grgr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Wow, not sure people are are going to want to be reading through that, but anyway:

Go to your phpMyAdmin, select your database and go to the table 'information_description'

Click on the 'Structure' tab and change the 'Description' field from 'text' to 'mediumtext' and that should sort it out.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Location - UK

Post by Kenberne1965 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:48 pm

An easier way maybe would have been to create sections. so your first information page would be like an index of contents with basic info and a nice picture to keep things interesting, and then have these link to a relevant information page which will be nicer to look at and shorter to read for the customer.

nothing puts people off more than a page full of dreary text (no offense meant) and 9 pages is way too many to keep people interested, im guessing most will just bounce off it.

Paul

Freelance Opencart 1.5.x and 2.x Developer - Available For Hire
Latest Opencart 2 Project --> http://www.falcon-rangecookers.co.uk

Location - Doncaster, UK