Post by tinabanana » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:29 am

I've been doing alot of running around the past few weeks, I'm on my 3rd hosting company and I'm still not happy.

I had to leave my small town hosting company, they were great for years but then put a limit on email storage, so I decided to shop around.

I ended up with arvixe. At first I was very happy, my static site ran well on it and so did opencart until I started adding alot of products. Then they went to complete crap, the servers were crashing for 3 weeks so I dump them.

I went on a trial with dinahosting (recommendation from this forum). The trial was great, super fast, but then they were asking for my drivers license, I don't know if that is an overseas thing, but I've never been asked for that kind of personal information from a host and I'm not about to give that info away. The servers had also crashed twice in 2 weeks, it was for a very short time, but I was not convinced.

So now I'm back to arvise, i had prepaid for 2 years after all. It seems like the servers are back to being stable for now, but opencart still runs slower then I would like. On good days, i get near instant load time, but most days its 2-6 secs to load, that is not acceptable.

So who has a good host to recommend for under 150$ a year?

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:48 am

SInce you seem to be willing to pay a decent amount for a Server, check here,
if you seek a professional Swiss Based Server and the leading Swiss Hoster.
Depending on the amount of Sites, I have 40+, it will cost you about 130 US-$
per Year, up to 10 Sites, I believe. And you could easy host 10 Shops, and their
DB's, without EVER running into any problems. PayPal is accepted, but possibly,
you have to identify yourselfs, somehow, since certain Laws exist, I assume...
https://www.hostpoint.ch/en/webhosting/webhosting.html

Ernie
hitline.info/shop/

I'm rarely active at the OC Forum lately. To reach me, contact: jti@jacob.ch
A Demoversion of my free OpenCart LIGHT v.1.5.6.5 Software Edition
can be seen in real Action here: http://www.jti.li/shop/
---
1'300+ FREE OC Extension-Repositories - from OC v.1.5.x up,
on the world's largest OC-related Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
---

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:56 am

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the hosting services we had provided you. Could you provide me with your billing username and/or ticket ID so I can pull up your account and look into the issues you experienced with us?

If you would consider trying us out again, I'd be more than happy to work with 1 on 1 to ensure all of your requirements are being met and you're satisfied with the services provided. I'll even throw in a significant discount to help you get started with us.

Alex - alex@a2hosting.com

Post by tinabanana » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:32 am

arvixe, thanks for the reply but its a little too late. I sent an email before and the response was not useful at all, basically, there is nothing else we can do.

I went with WX hosting, it was a bit out of my price range, but i managed to get a bit of a deal and i could not be happier with their service. I only have 150 products but it was so slow on other hosts, even with a bunch of options turned off.

With wx, i have everything turned on and its lighting fast. I would really recommend them and i'll be sticking with them. the customer service is fast too and they are knowledgeable about opencart.