Post by conticreative » Tue May 19, 2015 8:15 am

OpenCart 2.0.2.0
Journal 2 template
No extra checkout or shipping modules.

I am getting an error at checkout but only in the "register account" option.
Guest Checkout works fine and "Returning Customer also works fine. But when creating an account I get the following:

Code: Select all

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
followed by what looks like a full JSON page of code with this at the beginning:

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: format in <b>/home/accountname/public_html/system/modification/catalog/model/account/customer.php</b> on line <b>124</b>{"errors":null,"redirect":"","order_data":
Among the things I discovered while researching this error there is a post from last April stating that after getting the same error and doing research along with their hosting company they were told that OpenCommerce 2.0.2.0 doesn't work with any PHP version above 5.4.33 Naturally, I am using 5.4.40

In addition I found other instructions about how to solve a very similar error having to do with the ability to edit orders in the backend. I could not edit or delete orders. The fix there was to generate a new API, but the error was indeed very similar so I followed instructions on how to fix it. Happily, I did fix it, but the checkout is still misbehaving.

More information on error nature:

I was able to reproduce the error by using both my Journal2 template with a 1 page checkout and using the default OpenCart template.

That was good because using the default template without a single page checkout I was able to review exactly when the error comes in and it is just as the cart creates the account. In fact, with a multipage checkout the account is created, then the error appears in a popup window (as above).

In Journal 2 with a single page checkout the game is over right there, sometimes it creates the account but the process goes no further and sometimes it doesn't.

With the default template after getting the error above and clicking OK, I was immediately logged in and I was able to continue the transaction successfully.

I also tried to checkout by logging in first and it worked without a hitch.

In conclusion, it is possible to create an account, but the error then stops the cart from proceeding and it appears as if the account was never created. A smart customer that sees the welcome emails then could log in and continue the transaction but I don't need to point out that's less than ideal.

I really need to launch this cart soon and I would appreciate some guidance especially in respect to what can be wrong and if my PHP version can be the culprit.

Thank you.

Post by conticreative » Tue May 19, 2015 8:32 am

I am adding one more thing. I tried to register outside of the checkout in the regular registration form and when I did that I get this error on a blank page:

Notice: Undefined variable: format in /home/accountName/public_html/system/modification/catalog/model/account/customer.php on line 124
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/accountName/public_html/index.php:98) in /home/accountName/public_html/system/modification/system/library/response.php on line 12
When I then click to go back to the registration form,. I discover I have been logged in, so the registration works, but this error is pretty ugly.

Hopefully both errors are the fruit of the same problem.