Post by Gamble » Mon May 11, 2015 12:40 pm

I'm very new to webdesign and such so prepare for some FNG type questions lol. I have open cart installed and been playing for hours to get products to show up. Got some catageroires and some stuff in there so far.
I clicked on the tax box, but the cost coming up is way off. Is there a way to edit it or show a price without tax and calculate it at the end?

Is paypal and credit card setup pretty easy?

How do I get scrolling products on the main part of the page are there other templates? This one is kind of lame.

Any help is appreciated
GambleGarage dot com

Post by Mathewbuer » Mon May 11, 2015 5:43 pm

the paypal module is localed in the admin area under
Extensions > Payments

you then scroll down till you find the paypal payment processor, as for credit card processing did you want to do this on site or offsite ? if you want to do it onsite there is a fair bit you need to do. (offsite / iframe processing is easier) were currently using " Paya Card Services " they offer offsite creditcard processing.

as for a sliding products theme have a look on themeforest there are plenty of themes.

alternativatly contact me and ill see if i can hook you up with one.

Post by Gamble » Mon May 11, 2015 11:15 pm

Thanks.
When I first installed opencart it was full of other products with the scrolling display on the main page. After I deleted it they all went away but the carousel is still enabled. Not sure how to get it back with my current stuff. Also is there a way to make all your products featured products so they randomly show up below?

Where are the options for backround colors and such? And is there a way to have customers pay with a credit card through paypal?

Post by Gamble » Tue May 12, 2015 12:05 am

How come when I am adding a product and choose a category, not all of my categories and sub categories show up?
I had 2 windows open side by side and the settings are identical. I tried with and without the check mark on the "stores" and "top" doesn't matter at all.