Post by e91 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:24 am

I' m NOT receiving email notification, Contact us page, New account alert mail, New costumer alert mail. Please help
Open Cart Version 2.0.1.1

e91

Post by bhraqnet » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Yes, even I have the same problem
Pending the solution

Post by osexperts » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:23 pm

OpenSource Experts - Web design and development
OC 1.5.x and 2.x SMTP email from field error fix

Post by e91 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:39 am

Thank you for your response. It seems that my email is configured correctly I'm not getting any errors, I simply do not get email alerts, notifications for new users, orders, and contact us page. Opencast 2.0.1.1

e91

Post by osexperts » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:55 am

You may be able not to see any errors because you have error reporting off. Try checking log files.
And read the whole thread :) There are are instructions what to change in the code in order to make emails work.

You could also check if you have email notifications configured in System->Settings->Your store->Option tab
Look for sields like: New Order mail, New account alert Mail etc.

Post by e91 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:17 am

I checked the log files no errors, System ->Setting Email notification is configured to send email to store owner.

e91

Post by e91 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:28 am

When I change my email protocol from Mail to Smtp, I get this error - Notice: Error: Password not accepted from server! in /home/wlc/public_html/system/modification/system/library/mail.php on line 313

e91

Post by osexperts » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Like I said earlier, make the changes in the code mentioned in the thread.

Post by fido-x » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:42 pm

e91 wrote:When I change my email protocol from Mail to Smtp, I get this error - Notice: Error: Password not accepted from server! in /home/wlc/public_html/system/modification/system/library/mail.php on line 313
That error is coming from your OCMOD modification cache. That could be where your problems lies. Most likely a modification has caused the error. Clear your modification cache and see if the problem is still there.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by e91 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:20 pm

I couldn't make the changes in the code mentioned in the thread, because I couldn't find the code in setting.php. it seem that the code i have is different from the one you have in the thread.
here is a copy of my code
(if (isset($this->request->post['config_email'])) {
$data['config_email'] = $this->request->post['config_email'];
} else {
$data['config_email'] = $this->config->get('config_email');
}

I have Cleared the modification cache it didn't help.

Thank you.

e91

Post by EvilHit » Sat May 09, 2015 7:28 pm

ive changed all the things that was posted here for 2.0 but i still dont get a notice email

Post by Middleman » Sat May 09, 2015 9:46 pm

My suggestion is if you're having problems, upgrade to 2.0.2.0 but using the link below:
http://we.tl/rRVSxcaNiZ

This is because these are the files with the updated 'config_maiI_smtp_hostname' details which had plagued the 2.0.2.0 general release. There are about 17 files which needed correcting which I have done above, including the 'Email to required' fix.

In addition to this, you need to make the following adjustments:

1) Update 2.0.2.0 fix via Extension Installer with this file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pekka ... .ocmod.xml

2) Add these columns to your database to prevent the SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data OK error' as well as the registration account creation error.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 70#p530983

3) If you are sending mail direct from your server, there's no need to fill in all the details even using SSL. Just set the Mail protocol to Mail, and hostname to either localhost or 127.0.0.1 using port 25 (as it is sending it internally which folks forget sometimes). Under Mail parameters set it to -femail@mydomain.com (be sure to include the - at the front) and it should all work.

Post by EvilHit » Sun May 10, 2015 3:26 pm

i am usin 2.0.2.0 but ill give this a try

Post by Lahtinen » Tue May 12, 2015 2:31 am

Middleman wrote:My suggestion is if you're having problems, upgrade to 2.0.2.0 but using the link below:

This is because these are the files with the updated 'config_maiI_smtp_hostname' details which had plagued the 2.0.2.0 general release. There are about 17 files which needed correcting which I have done above, including the 'Email to required' fix.

2) Add these columns to your database to prevent the SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data OK error' as well as the registration account creation error.

3) If you are sending mail direct from your server, there's no need to fill in all the details even using SSL. Just set the Mail protocol to Mail, and hostname to either localhost or 127.0.0.1 using port 25 (as it is sending it internally which folks forget sometimes). Under Mail parameters set it to -femail@mydomain.com (be sure to include the - at the front) and it should all work.
I followed these instructions and nearly everything started working, using SMTP.
I tried out all the different email functions I could think off, and it all worked fine until I tried adding "Return" history with notification to the customer.
It resulted in the following error:

Code: Select all

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /storage/content/xx/xxxx/MyDomain.com/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 168Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to :587 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) in /storage/content/xx/xxxx/MyDomain.com/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 168Notice: Error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (0) in /storage/content/xx/xxxx/MyDomain.com/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 171

Everything else works, password reset, account creation confirmation, order confirmation, order updates. But "Return" updates does not work.

Any clue what needs to be done?

Post by EvilHit » Tue May 12, 2015 11:46 am

still not having any luck with email :(

Middleman wrote:My suggestion is if you're having problems, upgrade to 2.0.2.0 but using the link below:

Post by Middleman » Tue May 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Lahtinen & Evilhit,

You could try using the following settings:

Mail protocol: Mail
Parameters: -femail@mydomain.com (notice how there is no space -f and the email)
Hostname: 127.0.0.1
Username: Blank
Password: Blank
Port: 25
Timeout: 5 secs

If using SMTP setting, try to add tls: to the front of the hostname and make sure your SSL port with webhost is correct.
Also make sure your store email under Settings and parameters email above is the same address.

Post by EvilHit » Tue May 12, 2015 8:02 pm

im using stmp

Post by EvilHit » Tue May 12, 2015 8:10 pm

i get this but no email sends

Your Account Has Been Created!
Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created!

You can now take advantage of member privileges to enhance your online shopping experience with us.

If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please e-mail the store owner.

A confirmation has been sent to the provided e-mail address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.

Post by pm-netti » Tue May 12, 2015 9:19 pm

EvilHit wrote:i get this but no email sends

You can now take advantage of member privileges to enhance your online shopping experience with us.

If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please e-mail the store owner.

A confirmation has been sent to the provided e-mail address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.
In file admin/model/sale/return.php was also this hostname error. This fix is updated here:

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by EvilHit » Tue May 12, 2015 10:18 pm

used it with it and didnt work unless theres a new change

pm-netti wrote:
EvilHit wrote:i get this but no email sends

In file admin/model/sale/return.php was also this hostname error. This fix is updated here: