Post by indclassictrophy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:26 am

Hello, one of my product options has a lot of choices...337 to be exact. I entered them all and then clicked save - it only saved 250 of them and deleted the remaining 87. Does anyone know why this would be? Is there a limit? Is there a way to fix this?

I have opencart 2.0.1.1

Thanks!
Zac

Post by onlinemarketer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:45 am

thats a lot of options! do you have a link to the product?

Post by labeshops » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:32 am

Wowsers! Not sure a customer would want to look thru that many options for 1 product! I sure wouldn't!

Have you considered listing it some other way, perhaps more than once with different options on each? Not knowing what the product is, not sure what the best way to divide it up might be, but imagine trying to view that many options on a cell phone if someone wanted to order that way! Would be about impossible and you'd probably lose the sale.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by indclassictrophy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:54 am

Arvixe fixed the problem - input_max_vars settings were changed.

We do trophies and awards - we have figures for each sport - but any trophy can accommodate any sport. Therefore we have 337 figure options. They are categorized by sport and there is a master page for reference if needed. The drop down box also show the image. It's the way our current non open cart website is setup and we've never had any complaints :)