Post by Selective555 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:16 pm

I did a quick search on this forum for related issues, but I think my issue may be different.

My contact form on my shop did work fine, but recently I had to have the shop moved to a new server. Then I tested the contact form, and now it doesn't work, even though it is still saying that the messages were sent, they just vanish and never go anywhere.

Tech Support tested many different types of email accounts, and the one that doesn't seem to work is yahoo.com for some reason.

What can I do to fix this?

Reason I think it is the open cart and not the web host is because I also have a phpbb forum that is working perfectly fine with all email, so does phpbb have better email script? If so, how can I copy that and use that, as it seems to be working better than what open cart has for email script?
Last edited by Selective555 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

I created a MOD, take a look at it ---> Latest News/Messages Scroll Across Top Of Shop (MOD)


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Selective555 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:11 pm

In my online shop mail settings, my "Mail Parameters" is left empty.

Should I place something there?
Last edited by Selective555 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

I created a MOD, take a look at it ---> Latest News/Messages Scroll Across Top Of Shop (MOD)


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Selective555 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:54 pm

Last edited by Selective555 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

I created a MOD, take a look at it ---> Latest News/Messages Scroll Across Top Of Shop (MOD)


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Selective555 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:03 am

I guess if anyone can enter anyone's email address as a return address, then that is bad, regardless if it can be checked to be a real email address. So should we just remove the return email field completely, and leave it as non-returnable with no reply possible?
Last edited by Selective555 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

I created a MOD, take a look at it ---> Latest News/Messages Scroll Across Top Of Shop (MOD)


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Selective555 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:17 am

Is there a way to add e-mail verification to the form, so people must go to their emails and verify their email address from their email before sending a message from the contact form?

Or what about making people create accounts, and then making them sign in to their accounts before using the contact form?

I created a MOD, take a look at it ---> Latest News/Messages Scroll Across Top Of Shop (MOD)


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:01 pm

Selective555 wrote:In my online shop mail settings, my "Mail Parameters" is left empty.

Should I place something there?
The mail tab form must be filled, yes. Although, ensure to read this page first: https://developer.yahoo.com/mail/ which explicitly explains that a web service is required.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by Selective555 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:48 pm

Capogr wrote:Same problem with my e-shop! ANd yahoo
I found that I am a victim of my web host provider, and my only way to fix this is to switch web hosts, but I haven't been able to switch web hosts, and it could be another 2 years before I can switch web hosts, so for now, on all of my Open Cart shop pages, I just added a paypal shopping link and have been telling people just to use the direct paypal shopping links and to ignore the Open Cart shopping cart until I can afford to switch web hosts.

I created a MOD, take a look at it ---> Latest News/Messages Scroll Across Top Of Shop (MOD)


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Selective555 wrote: I found that I am a victim of my web host provider, and my only way to fix this is to switch web hosts, but I haven't been able to switch web hosts, and it could be another 2 years before I can switch web hosts, so for now, on all of my Open Cart shop pages, I just added a paypal shopping link and have been telling people just to use the direct paypal shopping links and to ignore the Open Cart shopping cart until I can afford to switch web hosts.
This I do not get. Your hoster is providing a poor service which should be enough to move without any restrictions.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:06 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Selective555 wrote: I found that I am a victim of my web host provider, and my only way to fix this is to switch web hosts, but I haven't been able to switch web hosts, and it could be another 2 years before I can switch web hosts, so for now, on all of my Open Cart shop pages, I just added a paypal shopping link and have been telling people just to use the direct paypal shopping links and to ignore the Open Cart shopping cart until I can afford to switch web hosts.
This I do not get. Your hoster is providing a poor service which should be enough to move without any restrictions.
Depending on the packaging length of time during the contract after the first 30 days of trial period, it may happen that a provider may find a reason to follow the policy rather than the customer's request which, of course, I don't quite agree with those policies since the customer does gain the right to move to another host at any time.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests