Post by onlinemarketer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:10 am

Hello everyone, anyone found any issues with the Latest Products module when you have more than one row of products it doesn't align properly also divs get pushed around so for example, product 1-4 are ok and product 5 is where product 8 should be and 5,6,7 are blank as its been pushed across.

this seems to only happen when you have more than one row of products.Im using it in the centre bottom layout of home with left category nag switched on so its not full page width.

Post by opencarthow.com » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:52 am

onlinemarketer wrote:Hello everyone, anyone found any issues with the Latest Products module when you have more than one row of products it doesn't align properly also divs get pushed around so for example, product 1-4 are ok and product 5 is where product 8 should be and 5,6,7 are blank as its been pushed across.

this seems to only happen when you have more than one row of products.Im using it in the centre bottom layout of home with left category nag switched on so its not full page width.
Maybe the height of each product is diffrrent, so it causes the messing layout.
Could you provide your site url, so I can take a look at the problem closer?

Our free extensions:
Advanced Layout System, Display Raw Product Description in Product List, Minimum Order Amount Requirement, Add to Wish List Redirect for Anonymous Customer

Post by onlinemarketer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:34 am

Thanks, i'll replete the problem and send you a link

Post by onlinemarketer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:59 am

Post by gahinton » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:08 am

I have the same type issue. It appears to come from the product name. When the name has more lines than the others it causes the issue. At least yours are staying somewhat aligned. If I have one off it will move it to an entirely new line. It looks horrible, but I cant figure out how to set a static height for the product names. You can see my problem at http://www.autodecalshop.com/regional.html

Post by onlinemarketer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:45 am

When moving the page width you can see them jumping around and leaving massive white space.

does anyone know the css code to make the heights all fixed so it doesn't leave massive gaps?

Post by opencarthow.com » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:08 am

onlinemarketer wrote:When moving the page width you can see them jumping around and leaving massive white space.

does anyone know the css code to make the heights all fixed so it doesn't leave massive gaps?
You can edit the file catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/stylesheet.css and add the below code at the end of the file:

Code: Select all

.common-home .product-thumb .caption {
 	min-height: 240px;
 }

Our free extensions:
Advanced Layout System, Display Raw Product Description in Product List, Minimum Order Amount Requirement, Add to Wish List Redirect for Anonymous Customer

Post by opencarthow.com » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:15 am

gahinton wrote:I have the same type issue. It appears to come from the product name. When the name has more lines than the others it causes the issue. At least yours are staying somewhat aligned. If I have one off it will move it to an entirely new line. It looks horrible, but I cant figure out how to set a static height for the product names. You can see my problem at http://www.autodecalshop.com/regional.html
In your case, you can insert the below code at the end of file: catalog/view/theme/monster/stylesheet/stylesheet.css

Code: Select all

ul.product-grid li.product-grid {
height: 340px;
}

Our free extensions:

Post by onlinemarketer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Thanks dude that worked perfect!

It just messes up a little when resizing - maybe because its 4 columns wide unlike the category pages. Any way of making it display 3 products across instead of 4?