Post by Selective555 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:05 pm

Code: Select all

/admin/view/javascript/jquery/flot/examples/index.html
Add this to your shop url and click it!

Was this put in opencart by accident?
What is it for?
Do we need it?

I created a MOD, take a look at it ---> Latest News/Messages Scroll Across Top Of Shop (MOD)

Post by villagedefrance » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:32 pm

The file "index.html" is not required and can be removed. no problem.

Most jQuery packages come with these files, usually for demonstration or testing. They are not required by Opencart. They just come with the full packages.

Please note that the "flot" folder IS REQUIRED! as it provides the charts for the dashboard.

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by Selective555 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks.

I was going through all of my folders and adding index pages for security purposes, when I noticed those already had them, and then I saw they did something, but were only demos, I wasn't sure of what to think.

But yeah, OpenCart doesn't come with much security.

If someone was selling downloads, all someone would have to do to steal them all would be to type in

/system/download
in the address bar behind the shop domain,
and then they could download everything for free,
completely bypassing those fancy ID item security numbers.

With as complex and detailed as OpenCart is,
didn't anyone stop to think about adding index pages to all of the folders to prevent hackers from getting inside, seeing everything, and downloading anything they want?

I created a MOD, take a look at it ---> Latest News/Messages Scroll Across Top Of Shop (MOD)

Post by dabomb59404 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:10 am

Selective555 wrote: If someone was selling downloads, all someone would have to do to steal them all would be to type in

/system/download

I don't see how that is possible since the system/download folder does have a blank index.html file in it and also the .htaccess file has Options -Indexes in it to prevent directory listing. I also don't see how you can say OpenCart doesn't come with much security either. What is not secure in it?

Post by Selective555 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:21 am

dabomb59404 wrote:
Selective555 wrote: If someone was selling downloads, all someone would have to do to steal them all would be to type in

/system/download

I don't see how that is possible since the system/download folder does have a blank index.html file in it and also the .htaccess file has Options -Indexes in it to prevent directory listing. I also don't see how you can say OpenCart doesn't come with much security either. What is not secure in it?
I just looked at the original OC 2.0.1.1 download and it does have an index in that folder. Oddly I didn't have one. It must have gotten delete by accident I guess.

I still think every folder needs an index file.