Post by dexter9292 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:42 am

i did everything on localhost and it was fine but when i moved my site to my server the admin login & admin area were messed up,
i have tryed reinstalling multiple times with no luck
i have also googled in every possible way how to fix this and have come up with nothing
Untitled1.png

Untitled1.png (224.25 KiB) Viewed 1034 times

Untitled.png

Untitled.png (280.86 KiB) Viewed 1034 times

if someone could help me fix this problem that would be great thanks!

Post by fido-x » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:56 am

This is a "style" related issue. If the domain name in the address line of the browser does not EXACTLY match the define in the config file, you will get this sort of thing. This is not solely related to OpenCart, but applies to ALL content management systems.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by dexter9292 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:10 pm

fido-x wrote:This is a "style" related issue. If the domain name in the address line of the browser does not EXACTLY match the define in the config file, you will get this sort of thing. This is not solely related to OpenCart, but applies to ALL content management systems.
ok well that didn't explain one thing for me ive checked over everything still cant figure it out :(

Post by Selective555 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:24 pm

dexter9292 wrote:
fido-x wrote:This is a "style" related issue. If the domain name in the address line of the browser does not EXACTLY match the define in the config file, you will get this sort of thing. This is not solely related to OpenCart, but applies to ALL content management systems.
ok well that didn't explain one thing for me ive checked over everything still cant figure it out :(
If it was fine before you moved it, and now after you moved it, it's not working right, then you need to trouble shoot all files and even the database for the old name of where it was, and update it to where it is now.

You should start with the way it is setup. When you first set it up, it asked you where the root file was located. Also, check the database and make sure it is attached to that root file as well.

I don't actually know what you all you have to do to fix it, but this is how you need to trouble shoot the problem to fix it.

Post by dexter9292 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Selective555 wrote:
dexter9292 wrote:
If it was fine before you moved it, and now after you moved it, it's not working right, then you need to trouble shoot all files and even the database for the old name of where it was, and update it to where it is now.

You should start with the way it is setup. When you first set it up, it asked you where the root file was located. Also, check the database and make sure it is attached to that root file as well.

I don't actually know what you all you have to do to fix it, but this is how you need to trouble shoot the problem to fix it.
I had installed it on my server didn't move it, I made sure to install so all the directory paths would be proper

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Check your admin/config.php file

From your screenshot, you are using www.albertaseed.co/admin

Make sure that is what you have in the config file

If you missed of the www. part of the domain, this will cause the displa issue you are getting.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom