Post by mattlee » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:12 am

Hi, I am renting hosting from Arvixe . I am facing date and time different because I am in Asia (UTC +08:00) and the server in USA. I already email to Arvixe support team to asked them to set the PHP date and time ( UTC+08:00). After change still same nothing change :(. Arvixe support team already try their best but still cannot solve this problem.

My problem is in Opencart admin, I set product -> special, date start 12/15/2014 - 12/21/2014 (UTC +08:00) . When view from customer page did not show any special product. If I set back date like date start 12/14/2014 (USA time). The special product will show in customer page.

Any one know how to solve this problem?? Set admin and customer same date & time.

Thank,
Matt

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:43 am

mattlee wrote:Hi, I am renting hosting from Arvixe . I am facing date and time different because I am in Asia (UTC +08:00) and the server in USA. I already email to Arvixe support team to asked them to set the PHP date and time ( UTC+08:00). After change still same nothing change :(. Arvixe support team already try their best but still cannot solve this problem.

My problem is in Opencart admin, I set product -> special, date start 12/15/2014 - 12/21/2014 (UTC +08:00) . When view from customer page did not show any special product. If I set back date like date start 12/14/2014 (USA time). The special product will show in customer page.

Any one know how to solve this problem?? Set admin and customer same date & time.

Thank,
Matt
You either need a VPS or Dedicated server or try this mod: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ver%20time

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by Selective555 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:03 am

You can try doing a date and time override on your server, not sure if this will work, but you could try it.

Click on "HOME" to see all your files.
Look for the file called
php.ini
Click on that file and then click "edit"
Then add this below the last line of text

Code: Select all

date.timezone = 
Make sure to add your time zone after the = sign

Do you want an Asian time zone?
http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.asia.php
or
Do you want an American time zone?
http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php

More time zones...
http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Examples:

date.timezone = Asia/Bangkok

date.timezone = Asia/Hong_Kong

date.timezone = Asia/Singapore

Post by mattlee » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi,
I already set date and time override the server but does not work :(
Any idea to solve this problem??
Time.png

Time.png (16.11 KiB) Viewed 1122 times

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:11 pm

mattlee wrote:Hi,
I already set date and time override the server but does not work :(
Any idea to solve this problem??
Time.png
Which version of Opencart are you using? I presented the solution up above with the use of a free mod.

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by mattlee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:13 am

I am using latest version 2.0.1.1 :(
It is too new do not have any vmod to suppor :(

Post by jurpro » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:25 am

Selective555 wrote:You can try doing a date and time override on your server, not sure if this will work, but you could try it.

Click on "HOME" to see all your files.
Look for the file called
php.ini
Click on that file and then click "edit"
Then add this below the last line of text

date.timezone = 
Make sure to add your time zone after the = sign

Do you want an Asian time zone?
http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.asia.php
or
Do you want an American time zone?
http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php

More time zones...
http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Examples:

date.timezone = Asia/Bangkok

date.timezone = Asia/Hong_Kong

date.timezone = Asia/Singapore
This trick wroks for me.
Find "php.ini" on your root directory. There is index.php, config.php etc. Just edit php.ini and put this code on your last line.

date.timezone = Asia/Kuala_Lumpur

Cari album edisi luar negeri? Atau dalam negeri juga bisa. Kunjungi saja http://www.sawios.com Semoga bisa membantu. :)

Post by mattlee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:34 am

Are you mean. Set PHP or root??
I already set php.ini but does not work. Are you using latest version??

Post by Selective555 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:42 am

mattlee wrote:Are you mean. Set PHP or root??
I already set php.ini but does not work. Are you using latest version??
Not the root file of your OpenCart directory.

The root file of ALL OF YOUR FILES, the very very very first file, the file that ALL of your files are in.

There you will find
php.ini
Versions do not matter with this technique, it either works with your server or it doesn't.

After you do this, try clearing all browser cookies, closing all browser windows, and resetting your computer. Then see if it fixed it.

Post by mattlee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:44 am

Hi, I try change already but still same :(
PHP time.png

PHP time.png (15.64 KiB) Viewed 1080 times

Post by mattlee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Is it possible set MYSQL timezone???

Post by Selective555 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:31 pm

The "php.ini" file is an override file for anything and everything in it.

So when you look at the "php.ini" file, you are looking at all the overrides for your web host.

Post by mattlee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Changed but still same :(. After change have to restart Apache??

Post by Selective555 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Actually, if you are still using Arvixe web hosting... they have three locations for their servers, and they have a location in Asia now that I remember.

Tell them you are in Asia and would prefer a server in Asia so it is closer to you.

Post by mattlee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:50 pm

ya ya... I was mistake and pick server in USA :-[

Post by Selective555 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:59 pm

mattlee wrote:ya ya... I was mistake and pick server in USA :-[
No worries, they can safely move your entire web site, and you won't even notice a change, except you'll have better performance because it will be closer to you.

Just download backups of your entire site and databases as a backup to make sure nothing is accidentally lost.

If you have more than one backup option, CHOOSE ALL OF THEM.... I made a mistake once of picking the wrong one before, and trust me, you don't want to do that.

Post by mattlee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Are you also rent hosting from Arvixe???

Post by Selective555 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:35 pm

mattlee wrote:Are you also rent hosting from Arvixe???
I was with Arvixe for about two weeks, then I decided to leave them because they constantly made me wait 24 hours to hear back from them every time I tried to contact them about something. They also sounded like they didn't know what they were doing. In my opinion, Arvixe is the absolute worst for tech support.

Post by mattlee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:30 pm

lol.......but they reply me very fast...
I just email to them asking them about transfer to HK. They reply me the ticket (support no) will transfer to transfer department.

Last time I rent a host in local. That one really make me crazy and mad. They respond very slow. Take 2 days to reply me. Some more, some of my data suddenly gone. I ask them why my data gone they cannot answer me. That is why I rent other hosting. Just forget local hosting.

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Selective555 wrote:
mattlee wrote:Are you also rent hosting from Arvixe???
I was with Arvixe for about two weeks, then I decided to leave them because they constantly made me wait 24 hours to hear back from them every time I tried to contact them about something. They also sounded like they didn't know what they were doing. In my opinion, Arvixe is the absolute worst for tech support.
Hello,

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support services. That sort of delay is not the norm here so I'd love to look into your account and see exactly why it took so long for you to get a response each time. To do this, can you please provide me with your billing username and/or the main domain name associated with your account or a ticket ID?

I would also like to point out that we do have a 24 / 7 QA department which you can reach out to at anytime if you're not satisfied - this department consists of our senior tech team / management and is monitored 24 / 7.

Alex - alex@a2hosting.com