Post by eddierosenthal » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 pm

if you have products that are drop shipped by several different drop shippers, and these drop shippers are located in different states in the usa, what is the most reasonable approach to setting the costs of shipping?
if one were to use flat rate shipping, then i guess you have to have several flat rate tables to get your rates from, and then based on the product item number or product name choose which drop shipping table to get your data.
Anyone know of an extension to help in this ?

Location - Santa Rosa, Ca USA

Post by labeshops » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:35 pm

I just use the built in weight based shipping. Since each piece has a weight and it adds to the total order, it gets more or less covered even if there are multiple locations they ship from. I do round up some and occasionally the shipping eats a little profit, but its not that bad and evens out on other orders where shipping was less than charged.

If your dropshipper adds a service or handling fee, I add it into the price of the product, so it is covered.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Johnathan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:33 am

If your dropshippers all use formula rates (like weight-based or total-based rates) then you can use Category & Product-Based Shipping for this. It lets you set different rates for groups of products, then combine that into a single cost to the customer.

If your dropshippers use live rates like UPS or USPS, you can do it with Ultimate Shipping. It lets you create your own formula rates, as well as request rates from other shipping methods, so you can get the live rates for some products and combine those with formula rates for others.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator