Post by fers1970 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:20 am

Hi, I´m not sure if this is the right place for this post, anyway I´ll try.

I can´t make any vqmod extension run on my opencart...I followed many tutorials, posts, etc but nothing happens...

I have vqmod properly installed (at least I get that message from installation), I also installed vqmod manager...tried uploading xml files through vqmod manager and also manually...but it seems that they are not even read by opencart (or vqmod...whatever). I uploaded at least four different extensions, and none of them are working, I mean they are not even taken into account as the site has no change and no error messages either.

Any help?

How can I trace if vqmod is working?

thanks in advance.

F.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:20 am

How to tell if vQmod is working:
1. Check the index.php file to see if you see anything with the words "vqmod".
- if not, run the installer or manually install
2. Check the admin/index.php file to see if you see anything with the words "vqmod".
- if not, run the installer or manually install
3. Check that the vqmod/xml folder has the "vqmod_opencart.xml" file in it as that is the core script file needed for vQmod to work with opencart.
- if not, then you need to redownload the "opencart" version of vQmod, not the standalone version.
4. Load your homepage once and check to see if you see any files in the vqmod/vqcache folder
- if not, change the permissions on the vqcache folder to 775 or 777 (try one, then the other if the first doesn't work)
5. Check your vqmod/logs folder and see if any files from today's "xxx.log" file has any errors.

Administrator

Post by fers1970 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:16 am

Hi, it took me some time to test this as I prioritized going live with standard features. Finished that I had time so I did all you suggested, but vqmod does´t work yet. Both index.php files have some vqmod lines, vqcache permission set to 775 and 777, some xml files exist in xml directory (including the one specific for vqmod)...strange thing is that there´s no file in vqcache, nor any log file...

any idea?

ps. I have installed vqmod manager, I supposed there would be a menu for it but there isn't, instead I have to enter the Vqmod manager through modules->vqmod manager->edit, and there I find the manager where I installed and deinstalled some vamod extensions without any success unfortunately.

thanks
F