Post by Emerald » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:03 am

Hello,

I have been fishing around in the modules, and even istalled a new module, but have been unsuccessful in getting anyting to display on my homepage.

Ideally, I would like a slide show, the most popular products or even product categories displayed, but I will settle for other options as long as it is not too difficult to do. I am very leery of editing code, since I am not really a programmer. Here is the site, I have OpenCart 1.5.3.1 installed:

https://www.justetchinit.com/shop/

Location - Georgia, USA

Post by dirtboy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:28 am

go to system > settings > edit your store > store tab and make sure the layout is set to Home.
then when you setup your modules it gives you an option to add module. make sure it is set to home

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
- Henry Ford

Post by Emerald » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:24 am

dirtboy wrote:go to system > settings > edit your store > store tab and make sure the layout is set to Home.
then when you setup your modules it gives you an option to add module. make sure it is set to home
Ok, I set the layout to Home under System. I then went to modules, installed slide show, set it to Home and nothing. I tried Latest, installed it, set it to Home and still nothing. ???

Location - Georgia, USA

Post by zuhenry » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:58 am

Emerald,

Very strange issue, most likely one of the modules that you install change the configuration of the home page.
At least you should be showing the slider.
Anyway, let's check the following:
- Under "extensions->modules->slideshow" be sure it is ENABLED
This is the slider.
Ok, let us know it this is showing now in your homepage.

Thx

HF

Our latest page: http://www.paginas.in
http://www.macClasificados.com - Encuentra tu Apple PC mas barato, sin intermediarios

Location - Colombia

Post by Emerald » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:54 pm

zuhenry wrote: Very strange issue, most likely one of the modules that you install change the configuration of the home page.

Anyway, let's check the following:
- Under "extensions->modules->slideshow" be sure it is ENABLED
HF
Hi Friends,

Ok, it is enabled, still nothing. I am going to attach the only module that I installed, perhaps it was not compatible with my version? Could you help me remove it? Also, below is a condensed screen shot of what I have turned on in the Modules right now. Thanks for your help!
ModulesScreenShot.tiff

ModulesScreenShot.tiff (66.32 KiB) Viewed 1176 times

Only module I installed.

Location - Georgia, USA

Post by Emerald » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 am

Ok, I went into each folder and removed all the "showcase" files. I think that is all there was to that. Still no images on the home page.

Location - Georgia, USA

Post by Emerald » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:52 am

Help, anyone?

Location - Georgia, USA

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:28 am

This sounds like the route's for layouts are incorrect to be honest. I recommend you check that your home route is set to "common/home" and that your default route is set to nothing

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom