Post by webdev813 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:51 pm

The install went well, however, all files in the cache folder are CHMOD to 600 causing the images to NOT display. I manually CHMOD them to 644 and they display correctly. If I delete all the cache images and refresh the cart. The images are back to 600 and NOT displaying. I put a ticket in with the web host but they seem clueless, anyone have any insight of what might be happening? I've never seen this type of behavior on the server???

Post by Daniel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:13 pm

open the cache class and replace the set method with:

Code: Select all

public function set($key, $value) {
    	$this->delete($key);

$file = DIR_CACHE . 'cache.' . $key . '.' . (time() + $this->expire);

$handle = fopen($file, 'w');

fwrite($handle, serialize($value));

fclose($handle);

chmod($file, 0755);
  	}

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:18 pm

this is realyl donw to your web host.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by webdev813 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:24 pm

Excellent! That did the trick!

Is this caused by a server misconfiguration? If so, I would like to let the host know.

Thank You!

Post by webdev813 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:29 pm

The web host just made adjustments to the server, it's now working without adding chmod to the set method.

Thanks again!

Post by johnnybravo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Daniel,

I did like you said to replace set function as I have same problem with not having right permissions on /images and /images/cache folder contents after uploading file. After changing set function OC is not loading. Page is just blank. either shop page and admin page. do you think it is provider problem? If so, do you have any idea what adjustments they must make in order to make this page to display correctly and load images.

FYI: some servers do not have problems with not having permissions 0755 or 0777. Like my virtual test server MAMP.

Post by Daniel » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 pm

johnnybravo wrote:Hi Daniel,

I did like you said to replace set function as I have same problem with not having right permissions on /images and /images/cache folder contents after uploading file. After changing set function OC is not loading. Page is just blank. either shop page and admin page. do you think it is provider problem? If so, do you have any idea what adjustments they must make in order to make this page to display correctly and load images.

FYI: some servers do not have problems with not having permissions 0755 or 0777. Like my virtual test server MAMP.

this is nothing to do with your problem!

this post was a bout the main cache directory not the image cache directory!

Could it be your php is in safe mode?

Please post some where else. this is nothing to do with your problem.

OpenCart®

Administrator