Post by unimed52 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:42 am

Just upgraded from v1.4.9.3 to v1.5.2.1, everything went OK ( great instructions) but now when I go to store and click a product I get this error:

Notice: Error: Unknown column 'sort_order' in 'order clause'
Error No: 1054
SELECT * FROM oc_product_image WHERE product_id = '66' ORDER BY sort_order ASC in /home/unimed52/public_html/ocart/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Can see all products in admin and everything seems to work in admin.
Also, can not place products in cart.

The link is http://www.unimeddesign.com
Thanks for the help, great work on the upgrade, we'll be donating.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:28 am

You didn't run the built in upgrade after you ran the beta3 upgrade.
You still need to run the upgrade that comes with 1.5.2.1 by going to
http://yoursite.com/install/index.php

Administrator

Post by unimed52 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:07 am

Yes, I tried the install but got an error message:

Not Found
The requested URL /ocart/install/index.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Just tried it again and the same message.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Well yea, you already deleted the install folder probably. You will need to add the install folder back from the zip file.

Administrator

Post by unimed52 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:12 am

Qphoria wrote:Well yea, you already deleted the install folder probably. You will need to add the install folder back from the zip file.
Yes, file must have been overwritten when the beta 3 installed.
So, last night , I did add the install from zip and it worked fine. Now just tweaking the store.
Thanks for the help, from us novices

Post by flayk » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:15 am

successfully updated
thanks
Last edited by flayk on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Jimdv » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:31 am

error.
OpenCart 1.x Upgrade Script (BETA)

The following errors occured:

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option` (`option_id`, `type`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_id`, "select", `sort_order` FROM `product_option`; Unknown column 'sort_order' in 'field list'

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_description` (`option_id`, `language_id`, `name`)SELECT `product_option_id`, `language_id`, `name` FROM `product_option_description`; Table 'photodepot_com_my.product_option_description' doesn't exist

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value` (`option_value_id`, `option_id`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_value_id`, `product_option_id`, `sort_order` FROM `product_option_value`; Unknown column 'sort_order' in 'field list'

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`FROM `product_option_value_description` AS `povd` INNER JOIN `product_option_value` AS `pov` ON `pov`.`product_option_value_id` = `povd`.`product_option_value_id`; Table 'photodepot_com_my.product_option_value_description' doesn't exist

The above errors occurred because the script could not properly determine the existing state of those db elements. Your store may not need those changes. Please post any errors on the forums to ensure that they can be addressed in future versions!

Post by kryptonbulbs » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 am

Upgrading to newest version (under the impression I can do this and it will bring me up to 1.5.1.2 and then run another update to bring it up to the newest version)

Current setup is 1.4.8

Getting this Error when I point my browser to http://mysite.com/install/upgrade-14x-to-15x.php

LINE 17: [2048] require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
Last edited by kryptonbulbs on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:51 pm

kryptonbulbs wrote:Upgrading to newest version (under the impression I can do this and it will bring me up to 1.5.1.2 and then run another update to bring it up to the newest version)

Current setup is 1.4.8

Getting this Error when I point my browser to http://mysite.com/install/upgrade-14x-to-15x.php

LINE 17: [2048] require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
You are sure you uploaded the new files? This is defined in the system/startup.php file on line: 47

Code: Select all

if (!ini_get('date.timezone')) {
	date_default_timezone_set('UTC');
}
Double check that you uploaded all the v1.5.2.1 files.

Administrator

Post by kryptonbulbs » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:12 am

Qphoria wrote:
kryptonbulbs wrote:Upgrading to newest version (under the impression I can do this and it will bring me up to 1.5.1.2 and then run another update to bring it up to the newest version)

Current setup is 1.4.8

You are sure you uploaded the new files? This is defined in the system/startup.php file on line: 47

Code: Select all

if (!ini_get('date.timezone')) {
	date_default_timezone_set('UTC');
}
Double check that you uploaded all the v1.5.2.1 files.
Yes, Ive even restored the site back to 1.4.8 and then tried another 1.5.x platform and still get the same message when I go to the script page. Could it be a problem on my server? Im lost on this one, so close to just doing a fresh install because I need to get this up and running by tomorrow. The main reason for my upgrade is to accept web payment software, but also the affiliate program intrigues me as the affiliate program integration sounds great instead of running IDEV as I currently do. I would really hate to lose everything I already have in my database though so I want to do anything I can to get this upgrade to go through.

Currently I am overwriting again with all 1.5.2.1 files to try and make sure everything copied, but im pretty sure that it all did.

Post by kryptonbulbs » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:53 am

Stupid question Q, Could I be getting this error because the site was in oh whats it called "maintenance mode" before I started the upgrade? Do you think it might solve the problem if I reinstalled my last known good configuration, turned maintenance mode off and then uploaded and ran the new files and update?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:36 am

Maintenance won't affect this. It is even recommended to be in maintenance mode before upgrade.
This is simply a php configuration error but the code checks for this error and is supposed to be overriding the error. For some reason your server isn't accepting the override or something.

Oddly, that same line is in 1.4.x so I dont know what its having a problem now

Administrator

Post by kryptonbulbs » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 am

Qphoria wrote:Maintenance won't affect this. It is even recommended to be in maintenance mode before upgrade.
This is simply a php configuration error but the code checks for this error and is supposed to be overriding the error. For some reason your server isn't accepting the override or something.

Oddly, that same line is in 1.4.x so I dont know what its having a problem now
Talked to my host and they said to try it now(contacted them while doing the overwrite)... but, nothing was even showing up on the site at that point (my reinstall upload failed part way through) so I am trying to upload the original 1.4.8 backup right now and then will start over.

Oh, we also did a server upgrade a few months back, so maybe something with that is or was causing it. Not sure what the host changed but if it does work I will find out.

Post by kryptonbulbs » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:34 am

OK, im excited, I have NEW errors which means im moving forward lol

When I point the web address to run the script this is what shows up:

OpenCart 1.x Upgrade Script (BETA)

LINE 150: [2] mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
LINE 150: [2] mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource

The following errors occured:

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option` (`option_id`, `type`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_id`, "select", `sort_order` FROM `product_option`; Duplicate entry '826' for key 'PRIMARY'

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_description` (`option_id`, `language_id`, `name`)SELECT `product_option_id`, `language_id`, `name` FROM `product_option_description`; Duplicate entry '826-1' for key 'PRIMARY'

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value` (`option_value_id`, `option_id`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_value_id`, `product_option_id`, `sort_order` FROM `product_option_value`; Duplicate entry '4408' for key 'PRIMARY'

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`FROM `product_option_value_description` AS `povd` INNER JOIN `product_option_value` AS `pov` ON `pov`.`product_option_value_id` = `povd`.`product_option_value_id`; Duplicate entry '5139-1' for key 'PRIMARY'

The above errors occurred because the script could not properly determine the existing state of those db elements. Your store may not need those changes. Please post any errors on the forums to ensure that they can be addressed in future versions!

OpenCart.com

Not touching anything till i hear back, I know youve told some people that they can just ignore some errors and continue if thats the case with me please define continue, if there is supposed to be another link to check or just continue through the steps in the instructions.

I am assuming this could have been one of 2 problems, Either whatever the host took care of OR I think I might have inserted the HTTP code in front of the php instead of between the PHP and \\DIR

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:52 am

This occurs if you run it more than once. You can likely ignore those errors and move on to the next step which would be the built-in upgrade script

Administrator

Post by kryptonbulbs » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:00 am

Awesome, you are the man Q, youve helped me out a few times and I greatly appreciate it. Looks like I should make my deadline of back up and running tomorrow!

Post by liamcaff » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 pm

First Post on here so I'd firstly like to thank everyone for their contributions to the forum - especially the moderators!!

So here I go:

I upgraded version 1.4.9.3 of Opencart to 1.5.1.2, firstly using the BETA3 update script to update to 1.5.1.2, and then I upgraded to version 1.5.2.1 using the upgrade instructions with the 1.5.2.1 download. That all worked fine.

So I am now running Opencart 1.5.2.1

But here is my problem (and yes, I am relatively new to Opencart):

I had approximately 2,000 items in my original database on OC 1.4.9.3. As I read in these forums the items(products) won't appear in the upgraded version of OC automatically, but I just can't work out how to get my old database of products into the new version of OC. I have read everything I can find in these forums, and the only relevant information I find has to do with re-installing 'modules' as they might need to be updated for the new OC version. I didn't have any external modules installed for my 1.4.9.3 Opencart... However, I did uninstall and re-install ALL modules in the new 1.5.2.1 Opencart.... Still no luck with seeing my database of products. The Only Products I can see are the default products that come with the installation.

I have an Opencart backup of my database (from 1.4.9.3). When I try to restore that backup into 1.5.2.1 I get the following error:

PHP Notice: Error: Unknown column 'meta_keywords' in 'field list'<br />Error No: 1054<br />INSERT INTO `category_description` (`category_id`, `language_id`, `name`, `meta_keywords`, `meta_description`, `description`) VALUES ('44', '1', 'Medical Gym & Exercise', '', '', '') in /home/mikroweb/public_html/opm/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

I remember reading somewhere on here that the database structure has changed between versions 1.4.x and 1.5.x but can't work out how to update my old database version to one that works with 1.5.2.1.

So in short, does anyone have detailed step by step instructions on how to migtrate a database of products from OC 1.4.9.3 into 1.5.2.1?? Am pulling my hair out here and would be HUGELY grateful for any help!....

Thanks a million!

Post by Qphoria » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:35 am

meta_keywords? meta_keywords was added in 1.4.8. You shouldn't have any error like that if you were already running 1.4.9. Are the products in your database but not showing in the admin?

Administrator

Post by jty » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:50 am

liamcaff wrote: PHP Notice: Error: Unknown column 'meta_keywords' in 'field list'<br />Error No: 1054<br />INSERT INTO `category_description` (`category_id`, `language_id`, `name`, `meta_keywords`, `meta_description`, `description`) VALUES ('44', '1', 'Medical Gym & Exercise', '', '', '') in /home/mikroweb/public_html/opm/system/database/mysql.php on line 49
mmmm, looks like in 1.4.x, it was meta_keywords (plural) but in 1.5.2, it's meta_keyword
am I seeing things ?

jty

Post by liamcaff » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:52 am

My mistake - you're right - I updated from 1.4.8 not 1.4.9.

Only the default products that come with installtion are viewable within Admin...

So I can't see any of my own products within admin