Post by fubar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:17 pm

egidijus1983 wrote:I upgraded from 1.4.9.3 to 1.5.3.1 and everything works very well. But when I want to open Extensions>>Modules (in Admin Panel) it shows me nothing, just empty browser window. Other meniu (in Admin Panel) works good.
Where is a problem?
I have also the same problem

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Dunno.. never heard of this issue. Try this:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=50555

Administrator

Post by yousef85 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Is this version For swedish 2 or how does it work

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:08 am

yousef85 wrote:Is this version For swedish 2 or how does it work
It's for opencart.

Administrator

Post by mohit11 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi,

I am upgrading from v1.4.9.1 to v1.5.1.2 using the ugrade script .
I get a success and then upgrade
STEP 12. RUN THE BUILT-IN OPENCART UPGRADE FOR v1.5.1.3 or LATER by visiting:
http://mysite.com/install/index.php

The problem is that I am losing all my data.

Kindly guide

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:09 pm

mohit11 wrote:Hi,

I am upgrading from v1.4.9.1 to v1.5.1.2 using the ugrade script .
I get a success and then upgrade
STEP 12. RUN THE BUILT-IN OPENCART UPGRADE FOR v1.5.1.3 or LATER by visiting:
http://mysite.com/install/index.php

The problem is that I am losing all my data.

Kindly guide
If you are going to
http://mysite.com/install/index.php it should redirect you to
http://mysite.com/install/upgrade.php

if it isn't then you didn't follow the steps about restoring your config.php and admin/config.php files
If those files are empty, it assumes new install.
If those files have data, it assumed upgrade.
Sounds like your config files are empty which is why its making you install new and overwriting your data.

Administrator

Post by lantrixone » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey guys,

so I've done my best to follow instructions. After I ran the script (ttp://mysite.com/install/upgrade-14x-to-15x.php) it said successful, then I went ahead for the 1.5 upgrade, where Opencart also communicated and offered to Continue... After I clicked it I got this

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/07/8847107/html/install/model/upgrade.php on line 47

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/07/8847107/html/install/model/upgrade.php:47) in /home/content/07/8847107/html/system/engine/controller.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/07/8847107/html/install/model/upgrade.php:47) in /home/content/07/8847107/html/system/engine/controller.php on line 29

(also keeping in mind my open cart version has russian language pack) This is my last resort, I tried to hire an Indian guy to migrate and upgrade and he couldn't do it (#$#%@kept $30 bucks though) Anyway.. thats the current problem

Post by maderstrains » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:54 am

Im trying to run this new update (have version 1.4.9.1 now) and forgive me for my extreme lack of knowledge in this kinda stuff, but im stuck at the very beginning of instructions on step 4a. and 4b. I have backed up all my files in step 2 and renamed "config.php and admin/config.php" to "config.bak" in step 3.

But when attempting to upload the install folder in step 4 it will not let me upload the whole folder, instead only one file at a time (and I only see 2 files in the install folder which are upgrade-14x-to-15x.php & upgrade-14x-to-15x.sql). I uploaded both of these into the main folder for my files and they appear at the very bottom as PHP and SQI files, when i click them it opens them as text files... I am using CPanel and am in the file manager screen.

How do I upload the whole folder with all the new files and overwrite the existing files? The folder I downloaded in the first post of this thread contained a zip file that had a Beta3-14x-to-15x-upgrade-step-by-step.txt instruction page and an install folder.

Thanks for any help, and again I apologize in advance for my lack of knowing how this stuff works :choke:

Josh Mader
Maders Trains
http://maderstrains.com/

Location - Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali

Post by IBBoard » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:22 pm

If you're using the cPanel File Manager and not a proper FTP/SFTP client then I think you're stuck with uploading individual files.

Basically, the root (top level) of the zip is the same as the root of your website. Everything that is in the "install" directory of the zip should end up in the "install" directory of your website (but not in a sub-folder - having install/install/files is wrong).

Post by peterobuobi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Could you please help me with my website? I have error information showing on my website and I do not know to fix. Could you recommend a solution of how to resolve this problem? My website is www.furnitureanddesigns.com.
When I try to log in into back office control panel www.furnitureanddesigns.com/admin I get a message below....

Fatal error: Call to a member function isLogged() on a non-object in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/fu/rn/it/furnitureanddesigns.com/public_html/catalog/model/catalog/product.php on line 8

Post by ownflame » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Hello I have opencart 1.4.9.3 and i used beta 3 upgrade script and I get these errors :

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option` (`option_id`, `type`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_id`, "select", `sort_order` FROM `product_option`; Duplicate entry '303' for key 1

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_description` (`option_id`, `language_id`, `name`)SELECT `product_option_id`, `language_id`, `name` FROM `product_option_description`; Table 'petjonas_shop.product_option_description' doesn't exist

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`FROM `product_option_value_description` AS `povd` INNER JOIN `product_option_value` AS `pov` ON `pov`.`product_option_value_id` = `povd`.`product_option_value_id`; Table 'petjonas_shop.product_option_value_description' doesn't exist

Any solutions?

Post by 92marriw8 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:25 pm

I fucked everythin up really bad..

Post by enmanueljp » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:02 pm

i get this when i try to get in into setting options

Permission Denied!
You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:41 pm

enmanueljp wrote:i get this when i try to get in into setting options

Permission Denied!
You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator.
What about when you follow the guide and check all the boxes in the user groups area first?

Administrator

Post by enmanueljp » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:50 am

Qphoria wrote:
enmanueljp wrote:i get this when i try to get in into setting options

Permission Denied!
What about when you follow the guide and check all the boxes in the user groups area first?
thanks... fixed but now when i get in into a product a get this !

Notice: Error: Unknown column 'sort_order' in 'order clause'
Error No: 1054
SELECT * FROM product_image WHERE product_id = '139' ORDER BY sort_order ASC
everything else is working fine!

Post by IBBoard » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:52 am

I could be wrong, but IIRC from the last topic then that means you've run this script (which upgrades you to 1.5.1.2) but not run the main update process (which takes you to 1.5.1.3).

Post by enmanueljp » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:58 am

IBBoard wrote:I could be wrong, but IIRC from the last topic then that means you've run this script (which upgrades you to 1.5.1.2) but not run the main update process (which takes you to 1.5.1.3).
thank you so much! fixed

Post by gamecity » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello,

I have just upgraded my opencart from 1.4.9.4 to 1.5.1.3 today.

And I followed the instructions "Beta3-14x-to-15x-upgrade-step-by-step" carefully.

Admin panel is Ok but I can not change system/settings/store template and layout to "default" , I change but when I check again template turns "mytheme" and layout turns to "checkout" .

Homepage is NOT OK , I can not open some extensions modules like manufacturers;
(Fatal error: Cannot access private property Document::$title in /home/content/61/7784261/html/admin/controller/module/manufacturer.php on line 8 )

There are some failures on the homepage.

What can I do , please help !!!
Thanks

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:39 pm

gamecity wrote: Admin panel is Ok but I can not change system/settings/store template and layout to "default" , I change but when I check again template turns "mytheme" and layout turns to "checkout" .
That is because you are not completing all the required fields and ignoring the big red warning at the top of the page when you try to save. You need to update your image tab no doubt.
Homepage is NOT OK , I can not open some extensions modules like manufacturers;
(Fatal error: Cannot access private property Document::$title in /home/content/61/7784261/html/admin/controller/module/manufacturer.php on line 8 )

There are some failures on the homepage.
So much for reading the instructions carefully. The first post.... at the bottom.. lets read together..

What to Expect after upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
  1. Your theme will be set to the default opencart 1.5.x theme
  2. You will not see any modules or products on the homepage yet, only the header and footer.
    You need to go into the Admin->Extensions->Modules page and add your modules to see products on the front.
  3. Your products, categories, customers, orders will all be safe and viewable in the admin area
  4. If you had any 3rd party modules from 1.4.x installed, you may see errors like "Document::setTitle". That means the module was not updated yet. You should uninstall it from the modules area and get the latest update from the author of the mod
  5. There are new menus in the admin, so be sure to go through them.
OMG! What's that? All the errors you are having are covered right there!!? It's.... it's.... Amazing! ;D

Manufacturer and cart sideboxes are 1.4.x only. 1.5.x doesn't use those modules
You can delete them from
admin/controller/module/cart.php
and
admin/controller/module/manufacturer.php

Administrator

Post by jty » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:28 am

92marriw8 wrote:I fucked everythin up really bad..
the technical equivalent of a condom is called a backup
to unfuck it, restore your backup
you never screw around without a condom and a backup. That's the universal law.

@gamecity,
the protocol in this forum is the OP (opening poster) updates his first post with important information
So always read the first post of a thread as it contains important information

jty