Post by FnF » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:28 am

davey c, double check the url your attempting to run the script from.
People are getting that error if they screw up typing in the correct path, or if they fail to upload the script files as instructed to.

FnF

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:38 am

FnF wrote:davey c, double check the url your attempting to run the script from.
People are getting that error if they screw up typing in the correct path, or if they fail to upload the script files as instructed to.
Actually you get that error only if you haven't run the upgrade script at all. If you are on 1.4.x and upload the new files and do nothing else, you will get that error.

Administrator

Post by runawax » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 am

Hi, this is my Error message (my version OC: 1.4.9.3):
What can I do?

Code: Select all

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `shop_option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `shop_product_attribute` (`product_id` int(11) NOT NULL,`attribute_id` int(11) NOT NULL,`language_id` int(11) NOT NULL,`text` text COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,PRIMARY KEY (`product_id`,`attribute_id`,`language_id`)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin; You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `shop_product_attribute` (`product_id` int(11) NOT NU' at line 1

Post by lloydmedley » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:42 am

I'm getting the error:
Could not execute this query: ALTER TABLE `order` MODIFY `invoice_prefix` varchar(10) NOT NULL COMMENT '' COLLATE utf8_bin; Data truncated for column 'invoice_prefix' at row 9
Upgrading from 1.4.9.4 to.. well 1.5.1.3.1 but I haven't got that far yet. It's all on a test subdomain (new.domain.co.uk) so the site isn't dead but any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry runawax, had this page open all night while messing around with things, hadn't seen your post.

If I forgot to mention: it's OpenCart Vv1.5.6

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:49 am

runawax wrote:Hi, this is my Error message (my version OC: 1.4.9.3):
What can I do?

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `shop_option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `shop_product_attribute` (`product_id` int(11) NOT NULL,`attribute_id` int(11) NOT NULL,`language_id` int(11) NOT NULL,`text` text COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,PRIMARY KEY (`product_id`,`attribute_id`,`language_id`)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin; You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `shop_product_attribute` (`product_id` int(11) NOT NU' at line 1
Hmm.. you should not be getting that anymore if running the latest version as of 2 days ago. That was the fix that was added.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 am

lloydmedley wrote:
Could not execute this query: ALTER TABLE `order` MODIFY `invoice_prefix` varchar(10) NOT NULL COMMENT '' COLLATE utf8_bin; Data truncated for column 'invoice_prefix' at row 9
I've never seen this one before.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 am

Qphoria wrote:
runawax wrote:Hi, this is my Error message (my version OC: 1.4.9.3):
What can I do?

Hmm.. you should not be getting that anymore if running the latest version as of 2 days ago. That was the fix that was added.
OK it seems I added 2 files OUTSIDE of the install folder instead of overwriting the ones inside the install folder. I've fixed it now so redownload or just be sure to use the ones INSIDE the install folder, not the ones outside of the install folder. That is likely why you are still seeing this option_value_description issue.

Administrator

Post by lloydmedley » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Qphoria wrote: I've never seen this one before.
Hmm. Looking at the database I can see that we have some invoices with an 'invoice_prefix'. I think that's all it is, is it safe just to remove the invoice_prefix as it's only a few?

EDIT: Yup, worked fine! Running 1.5 now but our template doesn't work! :'( Oh well

Thanks!

If I forgot to mention: it's OpenCart Vv1.5.6

Post by IBBoard » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:33 am

The quantity column was dropped because of some checks made for "ALTER TABLE...CHANGE..." queries. The original code never used that query, but I did, so I hit a bug where altering a column type (which uses "CHANGE currentname currentname typeinfo") made the code think "you're renaming from currentname to currentname, but currentname already exists so I better drop it" even though you weren't actually changing the name at all.

I'm guessing FnF's experience was because of a bug in v2 that shouldn't be in my latest version (Qphoria's v3). You should find that all of the options exist in Catalog > Options *and* they're still associated to their products. They'll still be duplicated, so you'll have to go through the de-associate and re-associate steps if you want, but that's an expected by-product that is (IMO) preferable to not having any options at all.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 am

IBBoard wrote: I'm guessing FnF's experience was because of a bug in v2 that shouldn't be in my latest version (Qphoria's v3).
I believe I am still seeing it in v3 as that is what I've been using for the last to upgrades and I had to manually add the alter for the quantity field

Administrator

Post by Erenz » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:16 am

I'm upgrading from Version 1.4.9.4 and reading step by step instructions and have some questions:

STEP 4a. UNZIP AND UPLOAD ALL THE NEW OPENCART FILES OVER YOUR EXISTING FILES - the only files I see in the attachment to this post is an install folder with a php and sql file in it, is there something else I need to download in addition?

STEP 4b. If you haven't already, Upload the install folder from the beta2 upgrade zip file - where is the beta2 upgrade zip file? Should this say beta3?

Hoping I don't get bashed over the head here :) Not an avid user, upgrading this cart for someone else.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:45 am

Erenz wrote:I'm upgrading from Version 1.4.9.4 and reading step by step instructions and have some questions:
STEP 4a. UNZIP AND UPLOAD ALL THE NEW OPENCART FILES OVER YOUR EXISTING FILES - the only files I see in the attachment to this post is an install folder with a php and sql file in it, is there something else I need to download in addition?
The new opencart files should be a bit telling that you need the new opencart files. :stick:

Erenz wrote: STEP 4b. If you haven't already, Upload the install folder from the beta2 upgrade zip file - where is the beta2 upgrade zip file? Should this say beta3?
Yes it should. Well at least you figured out it should be beta3 :)

Administrator

Post by IBBoard » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:58 am

Odd, it worked for me and I have the column :\

Looking at the .php file, you've got my "don't drop the field if we're altering it rather than renaming it" fix on line 118, so that should have prevented it being dropped.

Looking at the .sql, my instruction might be unnecessary, though, as it only gets added earlier in the script. You could try removing line 1084 from the SQL ("ALTER TABLE `oc_product_option_value` CHANGE `quantity` `quantity` int(3) NOT NULL;") and seeing if it works for you then.

Post by gsjohnsons » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm very new to this. I followed all the instructions to the T and didn't get any errors along the way. I first installed 1.5.2 and then followed the instructions to install 1.5.3 I'm not sure what happened, but now my store is not showing up at all its just the default iceage template with nothing there.

Post by FnF » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Did you not read Q's first post in this thread when you downloaded the script?
He even highlighted it. :o
Qphoria wrote: What to Expect after upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
  1. Your theme will be set to the default opencart 1.5.x theme
  2. You will not see any modules or products on the homepage yet, only the header and footer.
    You need to go into the Admin->Extensions->Modules page and add your modules to see products on the front.
  3. Your products, categories, customers, orders will all be safe and viewable in the admin area
  4. If you had any 3rd party modules from 1.4.x installed, you may see errors like "Document::setTitle". That means the module was not updated yet. You should uninstall it from the modules area and get the latest update from the author of the mod
  5. There are new menus in the admin, so be sure to go through them.

FnF

Post by sgdesign » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks for the SQL fix.. Just saved me a lot of effort rebuilding the back end..

Post by gsjohnsons » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:12 am

i added modules, but I just get a whole bunch of undefined variable errors. things like this /public_html/catalog/view/theme/iceage/template/common/header.tpl on line 208 I'm not sure if I messed up and added an extra database or something like that. If I did something like that does anyone know how to fix it? I might just try to restore it to the original is there instructions anywhere on how to do that?

Post by philbydevil » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Did you try and add your old modules? If so, these probably aren't compatible with 1.5 so you will have to update them as well.

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by egidijus1983 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:08 am

I upgraded from 1.4.9.3 to 1.5.3.1 and everything works very well. But when I want to open Extensions>>Modules (in Admin Panel) it shows me nothing, just empty browser window. Other meniu (in Admin Panel) works good.
Where is a problem?

Post by bluefall » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 am

does this script support a multi-language site?

thanks!