Post by fran » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:38 am

great for you mate ;)
i am stil fighting this.

my store front shows well > orgonita.eu
my admin show well with OpenCart © 2009-2012 All Rights Reserved.
Version 1.5.2.2.r990
i try to Log in and always the 500 error page!
my password is perfect, case sensitive yes.

i ve done 3 times now with same results. Going back to my stable 1.4.9.4 , restoring database, getting it to work fine and try this upgrade and will bring me always to this ISE500

i ve read dozens of post, changed proper file permission, played with php.ini and htacess.txt file Dont know what to do anymore. I ve contacted my server provider but havent had an answer yet from them.

i wanted to upgrade cause it seemed like a good improvement but i am having second thoughts and my head is as square as my screen right now :)

could someone help, please?

Post by Mediagraphix » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Hiya fran,

You might want to check the contents of the .htaccess file - some hosts do require you to comment out some parts.

But if you have the .htaccess as htaccess.txt AND it is disbaled in the System > Settings > Server section it should be fine?

Just my 2 cents

DJ

OpenCart one click install at www.BokWeb.com

Location - Spain

Post by fran » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:55 pm

thanks for your advice,

my htaccess.txt file shows this:

Options +FollowSymlinks

# Prevent Directoy listing
Options -Indexes

# Prevent Direct Access to files
<FilesMatch "\.(tpl|ini)">
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

# SEO URL Settings
RewriteBase /

i already tried changing its name and deleting it. I also tried leaving the htacess file but deleting php.ini and also tried without these two. Non of these options work, still same results. File permission are set as per recomendations here too.

thanks
fran

Post by threebuoys » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:18 am

Qphoria wrote:
Mediagraphix wrote: Fatal error: Cannot access private property Document::$title in /home/www/donangeli.us/admin/controller/module/cart.php on line 8
This is explained on the first post under "What to expect...."
I'm sorry to raise this question again. I am having the same problem mediagraphix posted last week. I upgraded from 1.4.9.1 last night. Everything seemed to work perfectly. I've added modules, got the home page working, etc. When I attempt to edit the cart module I get the same error message quoted above. The only modules installed in the 1.4.9.1 version before I upgraded were the onces supplied by the original opencart download. Nevertheless, I uninstalled all of the modules expect for "cart", "category", "latest", and "welcome". (I have uninstalled and reinstalled Both latest and welcome and edited category). I also uninstalled all shipping and payments options just in case the problem was there. I have no third party modules installed. BUT, when I attempt to edit the cart module, I still get this error screen.

So, I feel like I've tried to address all of the possibilities described in the first post under what to expect...

Have I completely lost my mind? What am I missing? Sorry Qphoria, I know you've already tried to answer this. ???

David

v1.5.2.1; vqmod

Location - Avon, NC

Post by threebuoys » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 am

To others who have, or are experiencing this error:

Fatal error: Cannot access private property Document::$title in /mywebsite/admin/controller/module/cart.php on line 8

and did not find the explanation in the first post in this thread under "What to Expect...." sufficient to find a solution,

I offer this:

A number of files installed by the generic version 1.4.9.xxx installation package are not included in the version 1.5.x.x installation package. Several of these files are responsible for the error message quoted above. The solution is to delete these files so the modules do not appear as choices in the administration screen. I assume their deletion will not cause problems elsewhere in the cart since they do not appear to be included in a clean install of the current version.

The files I deleted are:
/admin/controller/module/cart.php
google_analytics.php
manufacturer.php
/admin/language/english/module/cart.php
google_analytics.php
manufacturer.php
/admin/view/template/module/cart.tpl
google_analytics.tpl
manufacturer.tpl
These modules, which were not third party but were core modules, are apparently not used by the version 1.5.x.x releases. Uninstall does not remove them from the admin module menu, only deleting the files will do so.

Buried within the thread, in reponse to a question by gamecity was

OMG! What's that? All the errors you are having are covered right there!!? It's.... it's.... Amazing! ;D

Manufacturer and cart sideboxes are 1.4.x only. 1.5.x doesn't use those modules
You can delete them from
admin/controller/module/cart.php
and
admin/controller/module/manufacturer.php

The first time I went completely through the forum looking for a solution, it was not readily apparent to me that what I was dealing with was sideboxes, nor that this explanation was directly related to my problem. I hope that the outline of steps I took to try to follow the instructions in the "first post in this thread" show that I tried to get to the bottom of this before posting a question. After further investigation on my on over the past two days, I reached this solution on my own.

I expect the open cart experts understood the issue immediately when and if they encountered it didn't need to research the forum, and knew if the solution had additional risks. I also expect they know if other files not included in the version 1.5.x.x release will cause user problems, admin confusion, or not (for example, /admin/controller/report/purchased.php, /admin/controller/report/sale.php, etc)

A user with limited experience with the application, not realizing these modules are no longer used, may be tempted to assume a blank screen with the Fatal Error message appearing after an upgrade is a sign of a mistake during the upgrade process that might put their entire cart at risk.

I encourage those that write and distribute the upgrade scripts and instructions to either add script or instruction steps to the text to advise users to delete these files, as well as any other extraneous core 1.4.9.x files they can specify. If nothing else, I hope the experts will at least add the comment found in the middle of the thread back into the "what to expect" section of the first post so that other novices will have a better experience. I suspect many new users start with the same goal I did....install the cart without modification to the code so that upgrades will go smoothly without the need to worry whether coding changes I have made will still function after the upgrade. In my case, recognizing my weaknesses as a php programmer, I waited until well after the first release of 1.5 to give time for the bugs to be worked out by the experts. So, I was surprised that I encounter the problem I did, and felt that surely it was because I had done something wrong, not that the upgrade process had some nuances requiring a deeper look and understanding that what I expected.

Thank you Open Cart for what I believe is a superior product. You have product that can be used by people of all skill levels if you are willing to let them.

David Scarborough

David

v1.5.2.1; vqmod

Location - Avon, NC

Post by Testerke » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Hey,

I get this error:

Warning: require_once(config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kgoyhbau/domains/karinajoomla.be/public_html/zoeksysteem/admin/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kgoyhbau/domains/karinajoomla.be/public_html/zoeksysteem/admin/index.php on line 6

What must I do?
Greets,
Karina

Post by Itzi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:14 am

Hello!
Tried to upgrade, but I think I have failed.
On the store theres no template, and theres just my logo on the top and this:
text_service

text_contact
text_return
text_sitemap
text_extra

text_manufacturer
text_voucher
text_affiliate
text_special
text_account

text_account
text_order
text_wishlist
text_newsletter

On the admin page I get error_token. When I log in, theres no template on my admin page either.

I see now that I was supposed to upgrade to 1.5.1.2, but I updated to the latest version.
Talk about reading before doing anything!!
Anyway I can set it back without starting from scratch?
Thanks in advance! :)

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:02 am

Itzi wrote:Hello!
Tried to upgrade, but I think I have failed.
On the store theres no template, and theres just my logo on the top and this:
text_service

text_contact
text_return
text_sitemap
text_extra

text_manufacturer
text_voucher
text_affiliate
text_special
text_account

text_account
text_order
text_wishlist
text_newsletter
Just means the language files weren't updated
I see now that I was supposed to upgrade to 1.5.1.2, but I updated to the latest version.
Talk about reading before doing anything!!
No.. you are supposed to be at the latest. The upgrade script will upgrade your database to 1.5.1.2 and then you run the upgrade script that comes with the latest version of opencart to finish the upgrade. So you are fine.. just update your langauge files

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by papuletka » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Beta3-14x-to-15x-upgrade-step-by-step.txt says:
STEP 12. RUN THE BUILT-IN OPENCART UPGRADE FOR v1.5.1.3 or LATER by visiting:
http://mysite.com/install/index.php
And opencart_v1.5.1.2's upgrade.txt says:
Is there a mistake in the first one and people, including me, install a new OpenCart instead of upgrading it?

Post by Qphoria » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:21 am

papuletka wrote:Beta3-14x-to-15x-upgrade-step-by-step.txt says:
STEP 12. RUN THE BUILT-IN OPENCART UPGRADE FOR v1.5.1.3 or LATER by visiting:
http://mysite.com/install/index.php
And opencart_v1.5.1.2's upgrade.txt says:
Is there a mistake in the first one and people, including me, install a new OpenCart instead of upgrading it?
It was changed in 1.5.1.3 which came out before the beta3 version came out. You should not be upgrading to 1.5.1.2 anymore.

Administrator

Post by ئmr-secret » Wed May 02, 2012 7:08 pm

hi

after upgrade succsfull when open website show this erorr

i thinking thiss error for persian language !

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: fa in /home/parsteam/public_html/index.php on line 176Notice: Undefined index: fa in /home/parsteam/public_html/index.php on line 177Notice: Undefined index: fa in /home/parsteam/public_html/index.php on line 180Notice: Undefined index: fa in /home/parsteam/public_html/index.php on line 181Notice: Error: Could not load language ! in /home/parsteam/public_html/system/library/language.php on line 39

Post by mozd » Thu May 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi, i recently upgraded a site.The backend is fine.However i get this error on the frontend.Any sought of guidance will be appreciated.Thanks.

Here's the error on the frontend.

Warning: require_once(/home/public_html/system/library/affiliate.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kioskchv/public_html/test/index.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/public_html/system/library/affiliate.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kioskchv/public_html/test/index.php on line 19

Post by Qphoria » Thu May 03, 2012 11:58 pm

mozd wrote:Hi, i recently upgraded a site.The backend is fine.However i get this error on the frontend.Any sought of guidance will be appreciated.Thanks.

Warning: require_once(/home/public_html/system/library/affiliate.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kioskchv/public_html/test/index.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/public_html/system/library/affiliate.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kioskchv/public_html/test/index.php on line 19
Seems like you didn't upload all the files. It can't find the system/library/affiliate.php file which was added in 1.5.x

Administrator

Post by mozd » Fri May 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Qphoria wrote:
mozd wrote:Hi, i recently upgraded a site.The backend is fine.However i get this error on the frontend.Any sought of guidance will be appreciated.Thanks.

Seems like you didn't upload all the files. It can't find the system/library/affiliate.php file which was added in 1.5.x

Thanks for the reply Qphoria.Really appreciate it.I have looked at system/library/ folder and the affiliate.php file is present.That was actually the first thing i did before posting here.Any more pointers?

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Well that is the ONLY reason for the error.
My second guess is that you upgraded store a but are running the script on store b or something and getting your sites confused.

Administrator

Post by mozd » Sat May 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Qphoria wrote:Well that is the ONLY reason for the error.
My second guess is that you upgraded store a but are running the script on store b or something and getting your sites confused.
Thanks man i think that's the reason because the site i upgraded is a test site and its in a subfolder mainsite/test/.Am sure i will sought things out now.Many Thanks.Cheers.

Post by larkin88 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:12 am

Qphoria wrote:A big thank you to forum member IBBoard for adding Product Option support to the 14x to 1512 upgrade script! Now you can upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.5.1.2 and KEEP YOUR PRODUCT OPTIONS!

YES, THIS SCRIPT WILL KEEP YOUR PRODUCT OPTIONS!
If your store has no product options, the script will still work for you.

About this script
This script is a collection of all the patches and versions of opencart from version 1.4.0 to version 1.5.1.2.
That means you run this script to bring your store's database to 1.5.1.2
If you want to install a version later than 1.5.1.2, that is fine. Just be sure that after you run this script, you run the installer that comes with the latest version of OpenCart. More info on that below...

READ CAREFULLY:
  1. Only use this script if your store is running OpenCart v1.4.x
  2. DO NOT USE THIS SCRIPT TO UPGRADE EXISTING 1.5.x STORES
  3. This script includes a STEP-BY-STEP readme file. Follow it exactly!
  4. This script will work as far back as OpenCart v1.4.0
  5. This script works! There has never been a confirmed error.
  6. If you see warnings or errors, they are false positives. Just ignore them. This script has been run enough times to know that it has no real errors.
  7. Once you are upgraded, post any functionality bugs in the appropriate thread for your version, not here.
Upgrading to versions later than 1.5.1.2
As I said above, this script will bring your database to version 1.5.1.2
If you are installing straight to a later version, like 1.5.1.3, then you simply need to first follow the upgrade step by step guide from this Beta2, installing the latest version of opencart. Then after you complete this script, you can run the installer that comes with 1.5.1.3 or later.

1. Run this Beta3 Script first by following the step-by-step guide that comes with it
2. After following this Beta3 script, follow the upgrade.txt file that comes with the latest version of OpenCart.
3. Done!

What to Expect after upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
  1. Your theme will be set to the default opencart 1.5.x theme
  2. You will not see any modules or products on the homepage yet, only the header and footer.
    You need to go into the Admin->Extensions->Modules page and add your modules to see products on the front.
  3. Your products, categories, customers, orders will all be safe and viewable in the admin area
  4. If you had any 3rd party modules from 1.4.x installed, you may see errors like "Document::setTitle". That means the module was not updated yet. You should uninstall it from the modules area and get the latest update from the author of the mod
  5. There are new menus in the admin, so be sure to go through them.
HI, I have Many product in my website, Can I USE THIS SCRIPT TO UPGRADE my website to V.1.5.1.2, My website version is V.1.4.7,
I am looking forward to hearing from you

Post by itrends » Tue May 08, 2012 6:30 am

As the script instructs, I just got errors trying to run the upgrade and i am posting them here.

Any help appreciated.

The following errors occured:

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option` (`option_id`, `type`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_id`, "select", `sort_order` FROM `product_option`; Duplicate entry '2374' for key 1

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_description` (`option_id`, `language_id`, `name`)SELECT `product_option_id`, `language_id`, `name` FROM `product_option_description`; Table 'db_2012.product_option_description' doesn't exist

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value` (`option_value_id`, `option_id`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_value_id`, `product_option_id`, `sort_order` FROM `product_option_value`; Duplicate entry '2402' for key 1

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`FROM `product_option_value_description` AS `povd` INNER JOIN `product_option_value` AS `pov` ON `pov`.`product_option_value_id` = `povd`.`product_option_value_id`; Table 'db2012.product_option_value_description' doesn't exist

The above errors occurred because the script could not properly determine the existing state of those db elements. Your store may not need those changes. Please post any errors on the forums to ensure that they can be addressed in future versions!

Post by Qphoria » Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 pm

itrends wrote:As the script instructs, I just got errors trying to run the upgrade and i am posting them here.

Any help appreciated.

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option` (`option_id`, `type`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_id`, "select", `sort_order` FROM `product_option`; Duplicate entry '2374' for key 1

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_description` (`option_id`, `language_id`, `name`)SELECT `product_option_id`, `language_id`, `name` FROM `product_option_description`; Table 'db_2012.product_option_description' doesn't exist

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value` (`option_value_id`, `option_id`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_value_id`, `product_option_id`, `sort_order` FROM `product_option_value`; Duplicate entry '2402' for key 1

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`FROM `product_option_value_description` AS `povd` INNER JOIN `product_option_value` AS `pov` ON `pov`.`product_option_value_id` = `povd`.`product_option_value_id`; Table 'db2012.product_option_value_description' doesn't exist

The above errors occurred because the script could not properly determine the existing state of those db elements. Your store may not need those changes. Please post any errors on the forums to ensure that they can be addressed in future versions!
That means you ran it twice.. Try ignoring it and just move on.

Administrator

Post by larkin88 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:57 am

Qphoria wrote:A big thank you to forum member IBBoard for adding Product Option support to the 14x to 1512 upgrade script! Now you can upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.5.1.2 and KEEP YOUR PRODUCT OPTIONS!

YES, THIS SCRIPT WILL KEEP YOUR PRODUCT OPTIONS!
If your store has no product options, the script will still work for you.

About this script
This script is a collection of all the patches and versions of opencart from version 1.4.0 to version 1.5.1.2.
That means you run this script to bring your store's database to 1.5.1.2
If you want to install a version later than 1.5.1.2, that is fine. Just be sure that after you run this script, you run the installer that comes with the latest version of OpenCart. More info on that below...

READ CAREFULLY:
  1. Only use this script if your store is running OpenCart v1.4.x
  2. DO NOT USE THIS SCRIPT TO UPGRADE EXISTING 1.5.x STORES
  3. This script includes a STEP-BY-STEP readme file. Follow it exactly!
  4. This script will work as far back as OpenCart v1.4.0
  5. This script works! There has never been a confirmed error.
  6. If you see warnings or errors, they are false positives. Just ignore them. This script has been run enough times to know that it has no real errors.
  7. Once you are upgraded, post any functionality bugs in the appropriate thread for your version, not here.
Upgrading to versions later than 1.5.1.2
As I said above, this script will bring your database to version 1.5.1.2
If you are installing straight to a later version, like 1.5.1.3, then you simply need to first follow the upgrade step by step guide from this Beta2, installing the latest version of opencart. Then after you complete this script, you can run the installer that comes with 1.5.1.3 or later.

1. Run this Beta3 Script first by following the step-by-step guide that comes with it
2. After following this Beta3 script, follow the upgrade.txt file that comes with the latest version of OpenCart.
3. Done!

What to Expect after upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
  1. Your theme will be set to the default opencart 1.5.x theme
  2. You will not see any modules or products on the homepage yet, only the header and footer.
    You need to go into the Admin->Extensions->Modules page and add your modules to see products on the front.
  3. Your products, categories, customers, orders will all be safe and viewable in the admin area
  4. If you had any 3rd party modules from 1.4.x installed, you may see errors like "Document::setTitle". That means the module was not updated yet. You should uninstall it from the modules area and get the latest update from the author of the mod
  5. There are new menus in the admin, so be sure to go through them.

when I type this to open
http://laptopsl400.com/install/upgrade-14x-to-15x.php

it shows me this erro

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option` (`option_id`, `type`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_id`, "select", `sort_order` FROM `product_option`; Unknown column 'sort_order' in 'field list'

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_description` (`option_id`, `language_id`, `name`)SELECT `product_option_id`, `language_id`, `name` FROM `product_option_description`; Table 'laptopsl_larkin.product_option_description' doesn't exist

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value` (`option_value_id`, `option_id`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_value_id`, `product_option_id`, `sort_order` FROM `product_option_value`; Unknown column 'sort_order' in 'field list'

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`FROM `product_option_value_description` AS `povd` INNER JOIN `product_option_value` AS `pov` ON `pov`.`product_option_value_id` = `povd`.`product_option_value_id`; Table 'laptopsl_larkin.product_option_value_description' doesn't exist