Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:38 am

itrends wrote: - ALL options are select boxes, even those that used to be 'text' format
- the options have been duplicated hundreds of times
- I have hundreds of products with options on so can't just 're-do' them
1.4.x only had selectboxes so it was expected to leave them as selectboxes. If you were running GMO for other option types, then those options were likely converted to selectboxes as they could not be maintained.

Duplicate options is a bit of a sideeffect.... since we are going from a system that had individual product options... imagine 5 products all had option "Color" and value "Red".
So the script can only do so much and creates 5 new options, one for each one it found in the database, called "Color" and value "Red". So as many products as you had options for, any products that had the same naming scheme will likely have a new entry for. So that is why all the duplicates. It's not ideal but is what it is. You may be able to edit them quickly using sql commands to update all products to use the same single common option for all products that need it, and then remove the rest.

Administrator

Post by itrends » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am

That all make sense.

Any hints on how I might merge all options of the same type down into a single version of each via SQL? That would help me get around this :)

Post by Freddo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Get
>escape($group) . "'"); } } ?>

when i do stuff - saving modules mostly. How to fix?

edit 1
I remember this had something to do with the store id and running multiple stores going from old system to new system... searching the forums I can't seem to find answer...anyone remember?
table oc_store is empty....

Post by fireatwire » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:08 am

So, if I understand it the right way, it works like this for me:
I have OC 1.4.9.6
1) Upload all new OC 1.5.2.1 folders in my installation
2) Upload beta3 upgrade script and run the upgrade
3) Run the install from the OC 1.5.2.1

Am I right? Thanks for your reply.

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:55 am

mainly yes.
1 - without the config.php and admin/config.php files and also make the required modifications to the config.php.
Just follow each step from the instructions file, is very easy.

Expert Member

Post by Freddo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:35 am

You also have to redo your taxes - it fails to mention this on the instruction file.

Also version 1.5.2.1 seems to have a problem with the image manager freezing if you have a lot of product images.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 am

Freddo wrote:You also have to redo your taxes - it fails to mention this on the instruction file.

Also version 1.5.2.1 seems to have a problem with the image manager freezing if you have a lot of product images.
The tax change wasn't in 1.5.1.2 I don't think.. It was added 1.5.1.3... which you are right, forgets to mention it..but either way.. its not related to this script.

Administrator

Post by fireatwire » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks for your replies :)
First I thought I need to upgrade to 1.5.1.2 before going forward to 1.5.2.x.

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:07 pm

And that is true. You thought right.

Expert Member

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:50 pm

fireatwire wrote:Thanks for your replies :)
First I thought I need to upgrade to 1.5.1.2 before going forward to 1.5.2.x.
No you don't need to.
If you have 1.4.x
you can upload the 1.5.2.1 files directly
This beta3 script will upgrade your database to 1.5.1.2
Then you simply run the upgrader that comes with 1.5.2.1 and it will finish the journey from 1.5.1.2 to 1.5.2.1
But you only need to upload the latest files

Administrator

Post by fran » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 am

HI,
first wanted to thank for this amazing program.
I was upgrading from 1.4.9.4 to 1.5.1.2 and it showed success for the upgrade but trying to update it showed this message:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhost/orgonita.eu/home/html/install/model/upgrade.php on line 63
Could not Execute: DROP TABLE return_product;
Unknown table 'return_product'

although i saw the Administrator Log In page perfectly i could not log in, appearing same message.

i deleted all file thru FTP and uploaded again the orginal 1.4.9.4 to start over the process. I run the list carefully but this time after the upgrade script it showed:

The following errors occured:
Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option` (`option_id`, `type`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_id`, "select", `sort_order` FROM `product_option`; Duplicate entry '977' for key 1

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_description` (`option_id`, `language_id`, `name`)SELECT `product_option_id`, `language_id`, `name` FROM `product_option_description`; Table 'qgy225.product_option_description' doesn't exist

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value` (`option_value_id`, `option_id`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_value_id`, `product_option_id`, `sort_order` FROM `product_option_value`; Duplicate entry '1991' for key 1

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`FROM `product_option_value_description` AS `povd` INNER JOIN `product_option_value` AS `pov` ON `pov`.`product_option_value_id` = `povd`.`product_option_value_id`; Table 'qgy225.product_option_value_description' doesn't exist

The above errors occurred because the script could not properly determine the existing state of those db elements. Your store may not need those changes. Please post any errors on the forums to ensure that they can be addressed in future versions!

The admin Log in page shows perfectly again but i am unable to log in not it show:
error 500
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

The Store is showing not perfectly but it is almost there. any help much appreacited.
thanks!

EDIT: OK, store seems installed although my admi login page takes me always to 500 internal server error. I have change all folder permissions to 755 and Files to 644 without success. I have a php.in and htacess.txt at shop folder, is this any problem? thanks
Last edited by fran on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by itrends » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:05 pm

Sorry to post again guys, just wondered if anyone might be able to help with the final bit of this puzzle. All my options are duplicated hundreds of times so I wondered what might be the easiest way to 'merge' those down into a single version of each type and get that single version assigned to the correct products?

Thanks in advance.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:56 pm

fran wrote:HI,
first wanted to thank for this amazing program.
I was upgrading from 1.4.9.4 to 1.5.1.2 and it showed success for the upgrade but trying to update it showed this message:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhost/orgonita.eu/home/html/install/model/upgrade.php on line 63
Could not Execute: DROP TABLE return_product;
Unknown table 'return_product'
This error is from 1.5.2.1, not 1.5.1.2
Either way, it is listed as a known issue in the main bug thread and noted that it should be ignored.
although i saw the Administrator Log In page perfectly i could not log in, appearing same message.
1.5.x uses a case-sensitive login name.
If you initially entered "BoBDoLe" but your browser saved it as "bobdole" for 1.4.x, then you need to enter it exactly as it was saved.
i deleted all file thru FTP and uploaded again the orginal 1.4.9.4 to start over the process. I run the list carefully but this time after the upgrade script it showed:

The following errors occured:
Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option` (`option_id`, `type`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_id`, "select", `sort_order` FROM `product_option`; Duplicate entry '977' for key 1

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_description` (`option_id`, `language_id`, `name`)SELECT `product_option_id`, `language_id`, `name` FROM `product_option_description`; Table 'qgy225.product_option_description' doesn't exist

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value` (`option_value_id`, `option_id`, `sort_order`)SELECT `product_option_value_id`, `product_option_id`, `sort_order` FROM `product_option_value`; Duplicate entry '1991' for key 1

Could not execute this query: INSERT INTO `option_value_description` (`option_value_id`, `language_id`, `option_id`, `name`)SELECT `pov`.`product_option_value_id` , `language_id` , `pov`.`product_option_id` , `name`FROM `product_option_value_description` AS `povd` INNER JOIN `product_option_value` AS `pov` ON `pov`.`product_option_value_id` = `povd`.`product_option_value_id`; Table 'qgy225.product_option_value_description' doesn't exist
Likely because running the upgrade script twice broke it. You should have stopped at the login page after the inital attempt.

Restore 1.4.x
Restore the 1.4.x database before any upgrades
verify you are up and running 1.4.x again
Then download the latest 1.5.2.1 version of opencart
Run the beta install
Then run the 1.5.2.1 install
Ignore the error about cannot drop return
Then get the latest 1.5.2.2 patch:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 23#p258004
and run the installer again (as shown in the upgrade.txt file)

Administrator

Post by fran » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks. I will start from sstart again, I tried all that i read about ISE500 but wouldn repair. When Login in the administrator panel with a wrong password, the ISE500 would show up, only when i actually put the proper password would show the error. I ll start again anyway and see if this time i get it right. thanks

EDIT: ok. deleted everything and uploaded the back up completaly as it was.

admin login is showing but after trying to log in this message shows up:

Error: Unknown column 'o.currency' in 'field list'
Error No: 1054
SELECT o.order_id, CONCAT(o.firstname, ' ', o.lastname) AS name, (SELECT os.name FROM order_status os WHERE os.order_status_id = o.order_status_id AND os.language_id = '2') AS status, o.date_added, o.total, o.currency, o.value FROM `order` o WHERE o.order_status_id > '0' ORDER BY o.date_added DESC LIMIT 0,10

When trying to run the store it shows this:

Error: Table 'qgy225.product_option_value_description' doesn't exist
Error No: 1146
SELECT * FROM product_option_value_description WHERE product_option_value_id = '2000' AND language_id = '2'

i dont know why it shoudlnt be working with same files. If i upload a fresh OC version and restor from Admin with the backup.sql file, would i get all data as i had it before in the 1.4.9.4?

thanks

Post by fran » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 am

[/quote]
Likely because running the upgrade script twice broke it. You should have stopped at the login page after the inital attempt.

Restore 1.4.x
Restore the 1.4.x database before any upgrades
verify you are up and running 1.4.x again
Then download the latest 1.5.2.1 version of opencart
Run the beta install
Then run the 1.5.2.1 install
Ignore the error about cannot drop return
Then get the latest 1.5.2.2 patch:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 23#p258004
and run the installer again (as shown in the upgrade.txt file)[/quote]

I have done this step completaly. Admin Log in shows Version 1.5.2.2.r990 but on top of the page shows this error:

Notice: Undefined variable: breadcrumbs in /var/www/vhost/orgonita.eu/home/html/admin/view/template/common/header.tpl on line 441

this is line 441: <?php if ($breadcrumbs) { ?>

and trying to log in with my proper Password will take me again to ISE500 . Store front looks almost ok http://www.orgonita.eu

I am reading all the bugs and all 500 error post but i am finding the fix anywhere.

would unistalling the modules i had for 1.4.9.4 help? or

* if i install the newest OC version fresh, kept my image folder and uploaded the backup .sql file from 1.4.9.4 would i keep all my data properly even ´do i may not have the options? dont know what to do at this point anymore.

EDIT: you see, my store front is fully functional, my problem is unable to log in in my admin. Maybe it is something simple but i do not know.
thanks for any help you can give me.
fran
Last edited by fran on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Mediagraphix » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Hiya, done the upgrade and it seems to work.

So far only issue is that when I click edit Cart in Modules I get:

Fatal error: Cannot access private property Document::$title in /home/www/donangeli.us/admin/controller/module/cart.php on line 8

I get the same trying to edit Google analytics. The other modules work OK.

Although the products are still not appearing? Is it because of this error or have I done something wrong in the modules?

Site is at www.DonAngeli.us

Thanks guys ;)

DJ

OpenCart one click install at www.BokWeb.com

Location - Spain

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Mediagraphix wrote: Fatal error: Cannot access private property Document::$title in /home/www/donangeli.us/admin/controller/module/cart.php on line 8
This is explained on the first post under "What to expect...."

Administrator

Post by Mediagraphix » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks Qphoria!

These two modules are now under the local shop setting anyway. We never added any 3rd party mods so I ignored that bit.

Another Funny thing: the products etc, only appear when we select HOME as the Layout and likewise on the modules? When we set everything to Default, nothing appeared.

Also, our logo is overlapping the category box, are logo image sizes specific now?

Thanks for your time

We are going to be doing 2 or 3 more installs of Opencart for DonAngeli so want to get it right on this one. For a start we will go straight in with 1.5.2.x
Is there any info available on importing product data from other carts? (coreCommerce and EasyWebstore).

Thanks

DJ

OpenCart one click install at www.BokWeb.com

Location - Spain

Post by itrends » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Is anyone able to help on my above posts? :) :( :)

Post by tdaubs » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 am

What a huge time saver this script is. Thanks goes out to Qphoria and IBBoard. You guys rock!

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California