Post by barells » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:36 am

Hi, I am a new opencart user, but overall I really like the clean look and ease of customization.

I have made a few customizations to templates and couple tweaks here and there. So, does this mean anytime, I wan to do an upgrade with the latest version, I am going to have to go back and tweak things all over again?

It would be good if the system could check to see if customizations were made to any files being rewritten, and allow user to compare new and old files. This is how Vbulletin treats files that have been edited.

Post by Martin.Astley » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:03 am

When upgrading opencart from a previous version its essential to backup and css folders and images that you have edited.

Once you have uploaded the latest version of open cart (currenly 1.2.9) you can then copy the CSS and Images folders and then your website will look like it did before the upgrade.

Good Luck :)

OpenCart®
Development Team

Global Moderator

Location - Blackburn, Lancashire, United Kingdom

Post by phpuk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:19 am

Be careful of variable changes in version 1.2.9 in the themes.

Global Moderator

Post by piseth » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:18 am

Martin.Astley wrote:When upgrading opencart from a previous version its essential to backup and css folders and images that you have edited.

Once you have uploaded the latest version of open cart (currenly 1.2.9) you can then copy the CSS and Images folders and then your website will look like it did before the upgrade.

Good Luck :)
Hello,
I dun find CSS folder, where is it?
thanks,
Piseth

Piseth
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
http://www.cambodia365.com

Location - Cambodia

Post by phpuk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:51 pm

catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/stylesheet.css

Global Moderator