Post by airgrace » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:00 am

Hi,
I just did an upgrade of the opencart. I have run into a few problems, which I am unable to resolve.
http://shopnbm.netdifference.ca/cart/in ... de/upgrade
Could someone help me through this?

Cheers!

Post by wernerrenrew » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:19 am

Last edited by wernerrenrew on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:26 am

What version are you upgrading from?

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by airgrace » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi, I managed to execute the script that was mentioned in the link.
I can see the 'store front' although I don't see any items. However, when I try to access the admin panel. I get the following error message.
Fatal error: Call to a member function getTaxes() on a non-object in /home/shopnbmn/public_html/cart/catalog/controller/common/header.php on line 46
http://shopnbm.netdifference.ca/cart/admin

I did a bit of googling, and it did not quite yield any result.

Post by wernerrenrew » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:03 am

Hi,

I cant see your store front but i can tell you file is on the server.
This is the error i see looks like you migrated the config file to the live server.

Code: Select all

Warning: require_once(D:\Domains\nbm-mnb.ca\wwwroot\NBMShop/system/startup.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shopnbm/public_html/cart/index.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\Domains\nbm-mnb.ca\wwwroot\NBMShop/system/startup.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/shopnbm/public_html/cart/index.php on line 12
notice
D:\Domains\nbm-mnb.ca\wwwroot\NBMShop/system/startup.php
and
/home/shopnbm/public_html/cart/index.php

Location - Netherlands

Post by airgrace » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks for the help. So I somehow managed to do a successful upgrade of the old version to the latest version. Now unfortunately I've run into a different kind of issue. In the screenshot, everything looks ok, however the items from the 'backed up' database are not displaying. However, all the items are showing up in the admin section. Can someone help me with this new dilemma? Please check the attached pic.

Thanks

Attachments

opencart ss.jpg

opencart ss.jpg (126.24 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

Post by linstead » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:11 am

did you get an answer to your question because i also did an upgrade and already i see nothing

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:18 am

There is no problem here. What the screenshot shows is exactly what you should see, as stated right in the beta2 upgrade step-by-step file and original forum post. If only there was some way to scan that information with your eyes and translate it into thoughts... like... like some kind of .... of... reading ability. But sadly no such abilities exist. 8)

Administrator

Post by linstead » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks for your reply but there's not need to be a smart ass, i was just asking a question, i did all the upgrade step, what are you talking about reading and it stated it in the BETA doc, i read the doc and did step by step, i am sure it's easy to fix but it's not easy if you don't know how, i figure once you upgrade everything would be the same can you just tell me how to fix this issue or how to resolve this problem i am having.

thanks

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:52 am

linstead wrote:Thanks for your reply but there's not need to be a smart ass, i was just asking a question, i did all the upgrade step, what are you talking about reading and it stated it in the BETA doc, i read the doc and did step by step, i am sure it's easy to fix but it's not easy if you don't know how, i figure once you upgrade everything would be the same can you just tell me how to fix this issue or how to resolve this problem i am having.

thanks
There is always need to be a smart ass.
The load of people that come through these forums daily asking the same questions over and over... questions that would be answered if they read the information given to them... whether its emboldened or highlighted or surrounded by dancing chipmunks.. it goes right past them. It gets tiring... and being a smart ass helps us cope. :crazy:

You need to goto the Admin Extensions Modules area and add some modules.

Administrator