Post by Lao » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Qphoria wrote:ATTN DEVELOPERS:
The new tax system removes the old "Tax::getRate()" function from the system/library/tax.php file
This means any calls to "$this->tax->getRate()" will need to be replaced.
Q, please tell me what I should modify in tax.php file. My webshop is still "under maintenance" because it doesn't show prices with tax. I don't understand what it is to be modified. Before the upgrade from 1.5.1.1 it was all ok. Help! :(
Last edited by i2Paq on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split, renamed and moved

I'm using Open Cart 1.5.4.1 on http://www.importpieseauto.ro

Lao

Location - Craiova, Romania

Post by MikeRaves » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Same here *wondering*

Post by Lao » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:03 am

I don't know what it is to do. I really need step by step instructions. My website is still closed because of this.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Lao

Post by teratyke » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:20 am

My prices were showing without tax after the upgrade too. I found that going through the settings in -
System->localisation->tax classes
and
System->localisation->tax rates
it is working as before.
I don't really understand the new system yet, but my config seemed to be missing these settings.

HTH
Rob

Post by labeshops » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:28 am

The text_tax_rate comes up as a blank page for me when I try to go to it, so not sure what I'm supposed to set up or how????

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Lao » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:48 am

teratyke wrote:My prices were showing without tax after the upgrade too. I found that going through the settings in -
System->localisation->tax classes
and
System->localisation->tax rates
it is working as before.
I don't really understand the new system yet, but my config seemed to be missing these settings.

HTH
Rob
I did go through these settings. I also setup a name for the tax, as instructed in the 1.5.1.3 topic. :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Lao

Post by teratyke » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:50 am

Sorry. I'm not really able to help. Hope someone else can.
Good luck.
Rob

Post by alin » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:23 am

You need to create tax rate first then tax class

GOLDEN LEOPARD SYSTEM SOLUTION
An ICT System Solution Company in Vietnam
Website: Store: http://opencart.goleo.vn or http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... rname=alin

Post by Qphoria » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:08 am

Lao wrote:
Qphoria wrote:ATTN DEVELOPERS:
The new tax system removes the old "Tax::getRate()" function from the system/library/tax.php file
This means any calls to "$this->tax->getRate()" will need to be replaced.
Q, please tell me what I should modify in tax.php file. My webshop is still "under maintenance" because it doesn't show prices with tax. I don't understand what it is to be modified. Before the upgrade from 1.5.1.1 it was all ok. Help! :(
You are not a developer, so there is nothing for you to do. This is for developers of custom order total mods, hence the "ATTN Developers". There is nothing to change in the tax.php file.

I am guessing your tax issue is because you don't have a value set for the 2 new settings in the options tab for Use Customer Tax Address and Use Store Tax Address.

There are 2 new settings in the setting page:
The "Store" tax address tells the store to assume the tax based off the store's location while the customer is not logged in.
Countries with VAT would set it to Shipping.
Sellers in USA would normally leave this disabled.
Can't think of any time you would set this to Payment. This is more of a On or Off feature.

The "Customer" tax address tells the store which address to base taxes off of. This would be for people who live in states or countries that require you to tax digital downloads. Since tax is normally based off of shipping address, but digital products don't need to be shipped, the tax was set to default to the payment address. But this may or may not be correct behavior, so this setting was added to give you the option. If you want to charge tax on digital downloads then set this to "Payment" address. Otherwise, set to "Shipping" Address. If you don't want to charge tax, set to "disabled"

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by Lao » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:03 pm

I was debating weather to post this or not. Why? Because I'm so stupid sometimes, that's why.

I was complaining about the functionality of Open Cart, when I was to blame all the way. To make a long story short: I didn't set up a rule in Tax Class. :laugh:

So, for everyone with this "problem" after upgrading, go to Tax Class and enable rule(s).

Lao

Post by zelda » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:47 am

Hi,
I just upgraded to 1.5.1.3 and getting this error to. Notice: Undefined index: country_id in /home/xxxxq/xxxxxxx/system/library/tax.php on line 31Notice: Undefined index: zone_id in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/system/library/tax.php on line 31

I don't charge tax at this point so I havn't enabled a tax class rule, so no tax assigned either. checked my settings

Use Store Tax Address: NONE
Use Customer Tax Address: NONE Did a test purchase and got the above error. Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks

Post by zelda » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:16 am

Lao wrote:I was debating weather to post this or not. Why? Because I'm so stupid sometimes, that's why.

I was complaining about the functionality of Open Cart, when I was to blame all the way. To make a long story short: I didn't set up a rule in Tax Class. :laugh:

So, for everyone with this "problem" after upgrading, go to Tax Class and enable rule(s).
Hi,
Can 1.5.1.3 be configured for no taxes in tax class?

Post by clyde » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:38 am

Thank you Lao, your post solved my problem of prices showing without tax.

Location - Glasgow