Post by ezeoj » Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 am

Guys,
I was excited to read of opencart. Infact, I got install within minutes. I am entirely new to how all these works but strong in PHP.
I need to setup payments by paypal, visa/Mastercard.
First question, does opencart support all these?

In the admin panel, I saw several versions of paypal.I did click install for paypal and paypal check out. I then went back to the my dev to test purchase online hoping to see paypal as payment type but alas, it wa snot here , I can only see shipping method
How do I get this to show up? Is there a tutorial that can help me set this up. I have a paypal account that can receive payments.
Also what is the difference between payal and paypal checkout.
In ecommerce sites, I see option topay by papal or pay direct by credit card, is this what paypal check out embodies?

This issue is the only thing holding me from going live. Wi will appreciate a 101 advice as this is my first shopping cart project.

Thanks,
Joe

Post by phpuk » Mon May 18, 2009 7:46 am

Once you have installed it select edit and enable it.

Phil.

Global Moderator

Post by ezeoj » Mon May 18, 2009 8:03 am

I did enable it but still could not see the option.
Here the status set in the admin:
Test Mode: Yes
Order status: Pending
Transaction method: Authorization
Geo: All Zone

Is there sth, I am doing wrong?

Post by Qphoria » Mon May 18, 2009 9:07 am

Its a bit of a "eh" feature in this version of opencart to save the shipping and payment available methods to the session, so if you add a new module, you need to log out of your customer account and log back in... or do some other session changing event like change shipping address.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by ezeoj » Mon May 18, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks Qphoria. That was the trick.
From what I can see, it appears that I have to get a test account from developer.paypal.com before I can use the test features.
Any ideas what is the difference between PayPal and PayPal Direct Checkout ?
I also noticed that in this version 1.2x if you click add to cart, the item will be in the cart but the page is not updated immediately until you move to next pay before the UI is updated.Anyone noticed this?

Post by phpuk » Mon May 18, 2009 6:52 pm

Immediate cart updating when using AJAX (you see the item fly to the cart) is not quite working yet. There is a fix for it but mean time you can turn it of in admin->modules->cart.

Phil.

Global Moderator

Post by Daniel » Mon May 18, 2009 7:34 pm

to refresh the shipping and payment methods you just need to click the update button on the cart screen. The payment ans shippign ionformation is stored in the session so that in some cases opencart does not need to call 3rd party servers on every page request.

Administrator