Post by Wolverine2005 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:07 am

Hello, I am new to Open Cart, so please forgive me is this not the place to ask. I searched the forum.

Is there any way to have recurring order ?

Also, is there any way to allow different shipping if they are ordering multiple items.

Thanks a lot in advance
Last edited by i2Paq on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved

Post by kedgetech » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 am

As far as I know 'No' is the answer for both. Have not seen a commercial or free module either.

Location - USA, Australia, India

Post by vna822 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:06 am

@Wolverine2005 - have you found a solution for this?

If not I would like to use this post to request extension developers to consider creating one. The following is what I am looking for exactly.

I will be selling consumer goods on my website. So, it makes sense that the customers place the same order periodically ( each month, 15 days, each week etc. )

I want my customers to be able to sign up for this periodic ordering in their My Account. Signed up customers should be able to update their order list before the order placement date. A certain period before the order is going to be placed, a notification email must be sent to the customer to remind them that their order from the order list will be placed on such date. And when that date arrives, the order must be placed and the customer must be billed to the credit card they save with us.

Now here is where it gets interesting. This is not just a feature for the customer but actually a feature for me. This way I will have a way of forcasting sales and update my inventory effectively. So, to encourage customers to do this, I would like to give them incentives. All customers who sign up for this auto ordering must be put in a certain customer group say "Loyal Customers" group. That way I can give them discounts and other incentives. Ofcourse when they unsubsribe from this auto ordering, they must be removed from the "Loyal customers" also.

Now here is where it gets more interesting :). Now I want to make this irresistible to my customers. So, for all my customers who are not in this program, after they place their order I would like to have a pop-up come up and tell them that they could say xxx$ on this order if they sign up for this program - YES NO. If they select YES then it must create the "auto order list" from the current order, save the credit card information used for the current order, have them accept the terms for this program and click confirm. When they do this they should be put into the Loyal customers and the current order should be discounted accordingly.

If you are a developer of extensions and would like to code this up, please post an estimated cost for such extension. Since I am just starting my business, I would like to see if this will be a wise investment at this stage. At least for a few months I could manually do this ( using a calendar reminder, order history and an email service :) ) myself, until I have a lot of customers.

I you are someone like me looking for such feature please post your interest here and may be we can attract a developers attention at some point :)

Thank for reading,
Naresh.

Post by scottbud » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:09 am

VNA822 I would LOVE that feature also, for very similar reasons.
I think perhaps adding a shopping list feature and then the customer could choose to make this list repeat every xx days or xx weeks or xx months even. This would be great as I could also supply forecasts to my suppliers to make sure they have enough stock reserved for me for those periods.
an automated email 48 hours prior to the order processing could have a link to change the order (ie shipping address, qty of products etc) and if they do nothing it will just process as normal.